MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick Question AdelaisAer First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-22-2011 05:51 PM
quick question :D tylerearl General Discussion 1 06-07-2011 01:33 PM
Quick Question.. staceykinz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 06-30-2010 12:36 PM
quick question jamiebenyovi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-12-2010 09:51 PM
Quick question LBJ.MVP Academics 8 06-28-2009 09:19 PM

Quick Question

Old 08-26-2011 at 03:46 PM   #1
winter02

Liked: 7 Times

Quick Question
Hey guys, I have a question about cell phone numbers. I'm going to be living in res and moving from Toronto to Hamilton. Is it wise to change my cell number to a Hamilton number (have a 416 atm), or to just get a long distance package? I'm also with telus.
Old 08-26-2011 at 03:55 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter02 View Post
Hey guys, I have a question about cell phone numbers. I'm going to be living in res and moving from Toronto to Hamilton. Is it wise to change my cell number to a Hamilton number (have a 416 atm), or to just get a long distance package? I'm also with telus.
Depends entirely on you and your usage. I have friends that have kept their Toronto numbers while others have switched to a Hamilton number.

Something else to consider is if you have to pay to change your number or if you can only change it once per year (and have to pay to change it more often).

You should also consider that when you switch numbers you'll lose your previous number and it'll be up for grabs by others. So when you want to switch back it may not be available anymore. It may be inconvenient for your contacts.

StevenLiang likes this.
Old 08-26-2011 at 04:12 PM   #3
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

I switched mine to a Hamilton number when I came to Mac. I also got a MY5 LD package so I could still call home and stuff.
Old 08-26-2011 at 04:34 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

It's much easier with a Hamilton number in my opinion, but it depends on your plan..
Old 08-26-2011 at 04:37 PM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Aw I never thought about that, I still have my Brampton number. o_o
Old 08-26-2011 at 11:11 PM   #6
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

I switched to a Hamilton number, but it was really quite pointless for me because I just text. The only people I call are my parents and I get free unlimited minutes with their cell phones. So really, it depends on who you will be calling.
Old 08-27-2011 at 12:55 AM   #7
nessa18

Liked: 9 Times

I switched to Hamilton number, worked out better for me. It all depends on you though.