MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick Urgent Question gunsnroses Academics 1 06-06-2013 12:47 PM
Quick Question gunsnroses Academics 2 06-05-2013 08:22 PM
Quick question about mugsi... urgent Rakim Academics 10 06-14-2010 02:25 AM
Quick Question Gil76 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 05-01-2010 08:53 PM
Quick Question ThatGuy Academics 8 07-13-2009 02:02 PM

Quick URGENT Question

Old 08-27-2014 at 11:23 AM   #1
gunsnroses

Liked: 3 Times

Quick URGENT Question
Hey Guys,

I was doing my OMSAS application for medical school, and I had a quick question about the grades section.

For grades from McMaster, what would you put for the course weight?

Would I put 3, because all of our semester courses are 3 credits?

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2014 at 11:59 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
Hey Guys,

I was doing my OMSAS application for medical school, and I had a quick question about the grades section.

For grades from McMaster, what would you put for the course weight?

Would I put 3, because all of our semester courses are 3 credits?

Thanks!
I would strongly advise you to read the OMSAS information booklet - the answer to your question is in there, and you should really make sure you follow their instructions so you don't mess something up.
Old 08-27-2014 at 01:45 PM   #3
gunsnroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
I would strongly advise you to read the OMSAS information booklet - the answer to your question is in there, and you should really make sure you follow their instructions so you don't mess something up.
I read the booklet, but I couldn't find the answer. I wasn't sure what number between 1 and 15 to put, because I saw the table in the booklet, but I was still a little confused, because their table only went up to 4 :S
Old 08-27-2014 at 09:02 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

I know for a fact it's in there, because I checked before I posted. It was fairly obvious and there was a heading that made it clear that the info was in that section. I don't remember the page number though.
Old 08-28-2014 at 11:38 AM   #5
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
I know for a fact it's in there, because I checked before I posted. It was fairly obvious and there was a heading that made it clear that the info was in that section. I don't remember the page number though.
A doctor who cant read/follow instructions? The fact that you cant find a piece of information that, as previously stated, is obvious makes me fear for anyone who has you as a doctor. If you dont have the problem solving skills to read through text, is med school really the right place for you?
Old 08-28-2014 at 03:38 PM   #6
SciGuy

Liked: 1 Time

Hey man, it's 3 for a 1 semester class and 6 for a full year class.

And by the way, ignore the two above posters, they're just losers who have nothing better to do but post belittling comments on peoples threads....

(for example, just look at 2Dreams' previous posts)

jenrox likes this.
Old 08-28-2014 at 08:53 PM   #7
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciGuy View Post
Hey man, it's 3 for a 1 semester class and 6 for a full year class.

And by the way, ignore the two above posters, they're just losers who have nothing better to do but post belittling comments on peoples threads....

(for example, just look at 2Dreams' previous posts)
Actually, that is completely incorrect - the OMSAS weighting is NOT the same as Mac's unit system. I didn't recall the details exactly so I didn't post them, and it's because of people like you who assume they know the answer that the OP should just go and find the actual information themselves. Never rely on other (random) people for things like this.

2Dream likes this.
Old 08-28-2014 at 08:56 PM   #8
gunsnroses

Quote:
Actually, that is completely incorrect - the OMSAS weighting is NOT the same as Mac's unit system. I didn't recall the details exactly so I didn't post them, and it's because of people like you who assume they know the answer that the OP should just go and find the actual information themselves. Never rely on other people for things like this.
I called OMSAS today, and the information posted was correct. You two ARE losers. You consistently post condecending comments to make yourselves feel smarter than everyone else. If you 2 don't have anything constructive to say, don't post. And especially don't comment on someone's ability to be a doctor. That is so rude.

AC17, jenrox like this.
Old 08-28-2014 at 09:17 PM   #9
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
I called OMSAS today, and the information posted was correct. You two ARE losers. You consistently post condecending comments to make yourselves feel smarter than everyone else. If you 2 don't have anything constructive to say, don't post. And especially don't comment on someone's ability to be a doctor. That is so rude.
http://www.ouac.on.ca/docs/omsas/b_omsas_e.pdf
Go to page 12 and look at the bottom right.
Either whoever you spoke to at OMSAS is wrong, or whoever wrote the instructions is wrong.
I'd qualify correcting incorrect information as "constructive", and I never commented on anyone's ability to be a doctor. Although, I can't believe that a person is incapable of looking up this information themselves. It's not the matter of "ability" that is the issue.
Old 09-10-2014 at 10:51 AM   #10
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
http://www.ouac.on.ca/docs/omsas/b_omsas_e.pdf
Go to page 12 and look at the bottom right.
Either whoever you spoke to at OMSAS is wrong, or whoever wrote the instructions is wrong.
I'd qualify correcting incorrect information as "constructive", and I never commented on anyone's ability to be a doctor. Although, I can't believe that a person is incapable of looking up this information themselves. It's not the matter of "ability" that is the issue.
This. We are more so calling into question the OP's problem solving skills and initiative, both of which i assume are required as a doctor of any kind in the medical field