MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RANT: Why do people litter... pinkpiggydoe General Discussion 18 09-24-2010 06:51 PM
rant but not really manap3000 Volunteering Opportunities 33 08-24-2010 07:44 PM
textbooks - a bitter rant, followed by unicorns jackiemac Academics 17 08-19-2010 04:33 PM
Library Etiquette: Rant creen General Discussion 53 12-12-2009 11:27 AM

Rant.

Old 10-18-2009 at 10:30 AM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Rant.
How the hell are we expected to write a midterm when we're right beside the football field and they're ****ing blasting stupid ghetto music the entire time?

I cannot ****ing think when there's music. I literally have to re-read questions a good 4-5 times.

Didn't even get to finish my midterm. skldnfsdfks

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-18-2009 at 10:48 AM   #2
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

It's math's fault.
Old 10-18-2009 at 11:04 AM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
It's math's fault.
huh

6chars

Old 10-18-2009 at 11:51 AM   #4
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
huh

6chars
Wasn't your midterm for a math course?
Old 10-18-2009 at 12:36 PM   #5
Stan

Liked: 10 Times

You think that's going to be bad. I have a midterm during homecoming day and its definitely going to be 3 times louder than this past weekend.
Old 10-18-2009 at 02:20 PM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
Wasn't your midterm for a math course?
Accounting? Yesterday? You're a TA for the class dude. XD

Old 10-18-2009 at 02:24 PM   #7
MDCL

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
How the hell are we expected to write a midterm when we're right beside the football field and they're ****ing blasting stupid ghetto music the entire time?

I cannot ****ing think when there's music. I literally have to re-read questions a good 4-5 times.

Didn't even get to finish my midterm. skldnfsdfks
Your first step is to file a "Petition for Special Consideration" with your department. For engineers, they'd file the petition with engineering services. I don't know where the office is for your program.

Put as much detail as possible on the petition. How long the music lasted, what kind of music it was, how it distracted you, etc. The sooner the better so you can remember as much detail as possible. You don't need the form in order to record this information. You can type/write it out then staple it to your petition.

If the petition is rejected, you can appeal to the university senate. The petition may be rejected because your department doesn't believe you were impacted by the distraction. The department may be a little embarrassed that they hadn't planned ahead and held the mid-term in a better location..so they may reject it hoping you go away. This is why the petition to the senate might be necessary....once filed, your department will likely offer you some form of relief so that your department doesn't have to stand before the senate looking like a bunch of yokels who can't plan and conduct midterms properly.

Good luck!

adrian, temara.brown, tungo89 like this.
Old 10-18-2009 at 02:24 PM   #8
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Accounting? Yesterday? You're a TA for the class dude. XD
Well you made this thread 3 hours ago, so I thought you were talking about a midterm you wrote today or something; although I guess they don't have midterms on sunday anyways.

Logic fail!
Old 10-18-2009 at 04:25 PM   #9
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCL View Post
Your first step is to file a "Petition for Special Consideration" with your department. For engineers, they'd file the petition with engineering services. I don't know where the office is for your program.

Put as much detail as possible on the petition. How long the music lasted, what kind of music it was, how it distracted you, etc. The sooner the better so you can remember as much detail as possible. You don't need the form in order to record this information. You can type/write it out then staple it to your petition.

If the petition is rejected, you can appeal to the university senate. The petition may be rejected because your department doesn't believe you were impacted by the distraction. The department may be a little embarrassed that they hadn't planned ahead and held the mid-term in a better location..so they may reject it hoping you go away. This is why the petition to the senate might be necessary....once filed, your department will likely offer you some form of relief so that your department doesn't have to stand before the senate looking like a bunch of yokels who can't plan and conduct midterms properly.

Good luck!
Omg hahaha you're so funny can I sleep with [email protected]?!

-insert eyeroll here-

Old 10-18-2009 at 04:50 PM   #10
MDCL

Liked: 29 Times

Mmmmmm...skank

Afzal says thanks to MDCL for this post.
Old 10-18-2009 at 05:06 PM   #11
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Only on Tuesdays.

Old 10-18-2009 at 06:32 PM   #12
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Quote:
Omg hahaha you're so funny can I sleep with [email protected]?!

-insert eyeroll here-
I don't think that was meant to be a joke post, you would seriously be able to submit one. I don't know if they could do much besides reducing its weight or waiving it all together, but if you did bad enough it could be a serious option.

Unless Commerce doesn't have those?
Old 10-18-2009 at 06:47 PM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

He was being serious...?

If he was, I'll apologize but it seriously seemed a joke post taking into consideration most of his other posts I've seen.

Old 10-18-2009 at 07:30 PM   #14
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

When is homecoming day? (Yes, I'm terribly out of it.)

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 10-18-2009 at 08:02 PM   #15
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

I had the same midterm but luckily wasn't stuck in the T buildings...was in the basement of HH