MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recommended Courses for the MCAT? pat2010 Academics 8 03-20-2010 01:13 PM
Physics Recommended problems pinkpiggydoe Academics 5 12-04-2009 04:08 PM
Recommended Computer Software mellye First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 07-27-2009 10:54 PM
Recommended Med School Prep? britb First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 07-16-2009 03:35 PM
physics recommended - do i still need it? magicalland Academics 4 06-17-2009 01:47 PM

Recommended Profs??

Old 06-09-2009 at 05:53 AM   #1
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Recommended Profs??
Soooo. Coming into first year engineering, I (any i assume majority of others) had no idea what profs to try and get. So hopefully now, upper years can help and suggest profs they think are the best for the course stated.

Looks like Math 2Z03 will be a popular course, but Dr. Childs isnt teaching it :( I know protaz is, but I had him first term first year and I DO NOT want to put myself through that again. theres 2 other profs, can anyone recommend any of them?

Also courses like 2SH4, 2CI5, etc.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2009 at 06:46 AM   #2
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

the only one listed that I have had was kovarik. he's a very smart man but is not very good at teaching, and is very hard to understand. His class is often like, get your 1 and move on.... so if you have ANY good experiences with the others, such as comprehensible english, i would suggest you try and get into those sections.

mikefung says thanks to micadjems for this post.
Old 06-09-2009 at 08:35 AM   #3
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times

Hmmm... I liked Kovarik. I thought he was clear, and unlike most other math profs, he actually wrote everything he was doing down and he moved so slowly (b/c he's so old) that you actually had time to copy it all down. He had really funny expressions ..."It's like trying to pick strawberries with dynamite.... wasteful and useless..." and overall he was a decent prof but with a thick accent.

Maybe I didnt find him that bad because before going to his classes, I had Imran. WORST PROF EVER. Avoid like the plague.
Old 06-12-2009 at 09:39 AM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

What about for 2CI5? Whos a better prof
DEBRUIN or REILLY?
Old 06-15-2009 at 05:52 PM   #5
laurapo

Liked: 0 Times

I liked Kovarik as a person but I couldn't really follow his classes. Even if he wrote down everything it was hard to know what was important and what wasn't. Gabardo was a lot better but he's not teaching that course anymore...