MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Phishers are getting lazy Kendoon General Discussion 13 11-16-2010 08:59 PM
Recycling Bins Pay919 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 1 09-13-2010 02:19 PM
1BR 2 people apart kyrios91 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 1 05-16-2010 08:33 PM
Profs blast lazy first year students Lois General Discussion 1 04-11-2009 06:59 PM
recycling bins... davey General Discussion 15 12-11-2008 11:29 PM

Recycling - Are people just lazy, or actually retarded?

Old 11-14-2010 at 04:49 PM   #16
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

I find in Toronto its a lot better and its made a lot easier with all their different bins. Hamilton is just ridiculous... one bag limit? seriously? we have 8-9 people in our house and they want one bag?!?!? come on... and recycling... now you can't mix it... before that was fine but all of a sudden plastic and paper can't be in the same bin. My housemates are to lazy/stupid to care so I can agree with you.
Old 11-14-2010 at 05:35 PM   #17
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post

LEARN TO CUT UP ****ING CARDBOARD BOXES EVERYONE
I absolutely hate it when people do not do this. I mean, WTF. Not only does it save room in your recycling bin, but it also ensures your bin is emptied when the truck comes along.
You don't even need to cut it up most of the time, you can just flatten it - its not very hard.

I have a similar situation as well. Sometimes I'll find like pasta jars in the garbage bin (without it being washed off) and some tin cans. The worst part is that the recycling bin is just a couple of feet away!

I work at this grocery store in my hometown and obviously a lot of the products come in card board boxes. Instead of breaking up the boxes like you're supposed to, people just leave the uncrushed box in the bin, and usually by the end of the day, the back room is overflowed with cardboard boxes. Of course, when they are all crushed, they all fit in the box.
Any holiday that has a lot of food involved (Christmas, Thanksgiving) are terrible because it means even more uncrushed boxes lying around!!
Old 11-14-2010 at 05:43 PM   #18
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

Some people don't care, other's do... And then there are some who just don't know any better! I mean, I remember thinking coffee cups were recycleable for the longest time until I saw signs posted around campus saying they're not... And I found this particularly strange considering they have the recycling logo on them...

I'm still unsure if they're recycleable or not, so I just toss them in the garbage can to be safe!
Old 11-14-2010 at 06:52 PM   #19
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

A lot of people don't actually know what's classified as recyclable and what isn't. I'll admit, there are quite a few times when I'm unsure and actually have to ask. So I think that's also a big part of it.
Old 11-14-2010 at 07:24 PM   #20
MacEng

Liked: 125 Times

12characters

REPLEKIA/., ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to MacEng for this post.
Old 11-14-2010
jesteri77
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-14-2010
Ender
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-14-2010 at 10:10 PM   #21
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Everything that is plastic/metal etc is not always recyclable. Smaller communities tend to have much large restriction on what is recyclable and what is not.

Now you know.