MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recycling Day: A Made by Mac Entry (2012) flatha General Discussion 2 03-03-2012 08:20 PM
recycling moonlitnight Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 7 05-10-2011 01:39 PM
Recycling - Are people just lazy, or actually retarded? Ownaginatios General Discussion 16 11-14-2010 10:10 PM
Recycling Bins Pay919 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 1 09-13-2010 02:19 PM
recycling bins... davey General Discussion 15 12-11-2008 11:29 PM

Recycling at Residence- Please LIKE!

Old 03-21-2014 at 01:23 AM   #1
Kajeevan

Liked: 7 Times

Recycling at Residence- Please LIKE!
Hey guys. If you guys reside in residence please like our page, and do our 20 second survey posted there. We will be posting updates about recycling and why it is important to recycle at your residence. Here is the link for the page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-...84666408328462

Please and thank you
Old 03-21-2014 at 10:44 AM   #2
JayJackson69
Account Locked

Liked: 9 Times

So you will be recycling all the information that was passed on to everyone in elementary school?
Old 03-21-2014 at 11:48 AM   #3
Kajeevan

Hello,

It is for a sustainability course. We have done a survey which suggests that students are residences are not as aware of recycling and some do not recycle at all. In hopes of improving that we are just going to share more information and make it more accessible to them (what to recycle, when to recycle, where the bins are located etc) for a week.

Alot of people are aware of recycling, this page is just aimed for specifics of recycling at McMaster Residences and to spread awareness.

Thanks

VitaSoy likes this.
Old 03-21-2014 at 06:35 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

The first problem to pass through is if Mcmaster even does recycling at all. Last I learned in my society class, some one near the MSU board specifically said McMaster still takes all the stuff from the "recycle" bins and puts them in trash bags. Not sure if 100% true
Old 03-21-2014 at 08:26 PM   #5
Kajeevan

Hey,

From my research, and a small survey on students living on residence I know that McMaster recycles in residence (I have not looked at the entire University). They are partnered with Waste Management Inc. and not directly through the City of Hamilton.
Old 03-22-2014 at 12:16 AM   #6
MRGT

Liked: 1 Time

Hi!

I am part of the McMaster Residence Green Team. We started up back in 2011 and our main goal that initial year was to improve how students recycle. We found out that when a recycling bin is contaminated, sometimes it has to be thrown into the trash instead. We changed the posters (THIS/THAT/OTHER) above the different bins in residence dramatically that year. If you notice the ones that are up now, they are very clear. The most pressing problem is motivating students to follow the guidelines properly.
Also, you are correct that residence recycling is not with the City of Hamilton but with Waste Management Inc (which means the recycling guidelines are slightly different).
If you want to chat, please send us a PM!

Kajeevan says thanks to MRGT for this post.