reinstatement gongshow Academics 8 06-08-2010 11:44 AM
Reinstatement OR ...FML... PHRG Academics 5 05-02-2010 11:44 AM
Reinstatement Question stressedspec General Discussion 20 07-02-2009 11:33 AM

reinstatement question

Old 06-28-2011 at 01:04 PM   #1
cmhtbx

Liked: 0 Times

reinstatement question
due to my lazyness and experiencing a broke up with my gf, I did really bad in the first term end up falling two courses, so my average right now is 2.9, but they let me finish my first term summer school, and I am getting 2 As on it which is 11 on both of my courses. so my CA would be 4.8 if I count toward my summer school mark. would they reinstate me in to 2nd year program? or the first year program? how does it work? would a break up be a good excuse for the reinstatement?
Old 06-28-2011 at 01:05 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhtbx View Post
due to my lazyness and experiencing a broke up with my gf, I did really bad in the first term end up falling two courses, so my average right now is 2.9, but they let me finish my first term summer school, and I am getting 2 As on it which is 11 on both of my courses. so my CA would be 4.8 if I count toward my summer school mark. would they reinstate me in to 2nd year program? or the first year program? how does it work? would a break up be a good excuse for the reinstatement?
Call the academic advisor right now, they are open for the next couple hours.
Old 06-28-2011 at 01:24 PM   #3
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

That has to be one of the worst excuses someone would use.
Old 06-28-2011 at 01:30 PM   #4
AnythingReally

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhtbx View Post
As far as I know they don't consider summer school grades in your case. I could be wrong, but I recall reading that somewhere or in someone else's situation.

Anyway as the first replier suggested, you need to find out about your situation ASAP. The deadline for reinstatement for Fall 2011 is in two days. The only way you can move on to a second year program is if you successfully completed 24 units (iirc), meaning you passed almost all your courses. Of course this could vary between faculties but in sciences you would be placed in the general Science year II since your grades were not sufficient to move to a specialization.

Myself last year I had legitimate reasons for asking for reinstatement but I was still denied (had notes from various professionals and everything). Most likely option is you'll have to sit out a year and take some courses at a different institution then apply for next year. Also they might not even consider you at all since the earlier you hand the application, the better (and due to limitations in space).