MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reinstatment Letter Review Tallee Academics 2 06-30-2010 08:55 AM
Admitted into Social Science and told i wont be able to switch into a Science program MariaQ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 05-23-2010 03:47 PM
Any Engineers who had to go through reinstatment? Levix Academics 10 04-26-2010 10:11 PM
Academic Reinstatment Information kumar-radio Academics 7 01-25-2010 08:06 AM
Urgent: Science And Social Science Macpasses Sold Out! casey.park MacInsiders Announcements 29 09-06-2009 09:04 AM

reinstatment to science

Old 05-28-2010 at 07:30 AM   #1
yapyyap

Liked: 0 Times

reinstatment to science
Hi
I am applying for reinstatment for 2010 september year

I'm an out of province student and surprisingly I did not have a great year in terms of academic

I have taken classes with Athabasca, but my there were some errors apparently with my student ID and address

I can't explain my situation fully but it is hard to use the grades I received with Athabasca

I'm posting a thread to explain the situation I'm in and if i have a chance to get reinstated

1) I have taken a summer school class and received A-

2) I am a victim of Brandon Fire that happened. and suffered psychologically since I had zero support. ( I moved three times during exam season without any support except for my friends who did not have cars)

3) I have volunteered full time in a lab (I have a certificate)

4) I have worked full time in a related fieled (I have letter of recommendation)

Is my condition ok for reinstatment even if I don't have strong academic backgroud?

Thanks
Old 05-28-2010 at 08:19 AM   #2
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

I'm not too up on the details, but I think you have to justify why your marks were bad on the form. It looks like you have a good case with the Brandon Hall fire, especially if you can show your marks were much better before it happened.

Maybe someone else knows better.
Old 05-28-2010 at 08:30 AM   #3
yapyyap

thanks
thankss

if i explain in detail what happened after brandon fire (my room situation etc..?)
and what i wish to do as my career ( it links back to volunteer and work experience)

would that help? even if i don't have academic backup?
Old 05-28-2010 at 12:31 PM   #4
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

why did you move 3 times during exams? they had us all in hotels by that time
Old 05-28-2010 at 09:26 PM   #5
yapyyap

I moved three times because my room was in a horrible condition

I submitted a complaint to the school and the hotel that it was not in a good and studying envrionment

we had a room that could barely fit it two beds
we did not have a desk and our light was poor

I should write the condition that i was in, in the reinstatement letter right?
Old 05-28-2010 at 10:23 PM   #6
Mr.Prodigy

Liked: 43 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapyyap View Post
I moved three times because my room was in a horrible condition

I submitted a complaint to the school and the hotel that it was not in a good and studying envrionment

we had a room that could barely fit it two beds
we did not have a desk and our light was poor

I should write the condition that i was in, in the reinstatement letter right?
Definitely.