MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reference Letter Alchemist11 Academics 2 09-19-2010 01:43 PM
Reinstatement Letter Review njd123 Academics 2 06-25-2010 10:57 AM
reinstatment to science yapyyap Academics 5 05-28-2010 10:23 PM
Any Engineers who had to go through reinstatment? Levix Academics 10 04-26-2010 10:11 PM
Academic Reinstatment Information kumar-radio Academics 7 01-25-2010 08:06 AM

Reinstatment Letter Review

Old 06-29-2010 at 12:35 AM   #1
Tallee

Liked: 4 Times

Reinstatment Letter Review
Hi all.
I'm currently working on my reinstatement letter to the registrar, and I'd appreciate any advice/edits. I'll be up for a bit, and am planning on handing it in first thing tomorrow morning.

Any night owls wanna help?
Old 06-30-2010 at 06:56 AM   #2
Tallee

Liked: 4 Times

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']To Whom it May Concern,[/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] Please consider and accept my application for reinstatement into the Faculty of Social Sciences at McMaster University. Political science is a passion of mine and I find international relations incredibly fascinating. I hope to continue my education with a law degree or attendance at teacher’s college post-McMaster. [/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']While it goes without saying that all first year students experience some level of stress, I feel my circumstances are exceptional in some ways. As a local student, my family is very important to me and remains at the forefront of my life. [/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I have always considered my immediate family to be quite close knit, until my last year of high school. The slow and difficult divorce of my parents was an incredibly hard hurdle to overcome. In July of 2009, my mother remarried and moved my two younger siblings and I from Central Hamilton to Dundas. The stress of moving, adapting to a new family and starting university was very daunting and was a contributing factor in my poor marks this past year.[/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Like many university students, I hold a part time job as well as attend school to help pay for everyday expenses, tuition and textbooks. Unfortunately, I failed to reduce my hours as the year went on. I underestimated the time that was necessary to allot to each course in order to achieve success, and planned to make up missed classes and assignments at a later date, but to no avail. This consistent cycle of procrastination was the root cause of my failure. As the year progressed, it brought more late assignments, and ultimately more stress.[/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']In October of 2009, my grandfather, who I was very close to, passed away. His loss was exceptionally hard on my family as he was the last surviving grandparent on my mother’s side. Furthermore, in mid April of 2010, right before two of my most important exams, my great uncle, who was also very close with my family, suddenly passed away. I was obliged to attend both the visitation and funeral which hindered my study time.[/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I strongly believe that my issue is not with my work ethic or lecture attendance but in procrastination and time management. I attended most, if not all, of my lectures this past year, and took well-written notes. I lacked the time management skills to prioritize academics, including studying and assignment completion, my part-time job, and a social life. If reinstated, I fully intend to contact McMaster’s Centre for Student Development to inquire and register for the workshops available to students to improve my time management skills, study skills and build an action plan and set goals to ultimately achieve academic success. I plan to reduce my part time work hours dramatically, and terminate my employment if deemed necessary and vital to my academic success. [/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']As evidenced by my high school transcript, I excel with second chances. In English, I raised my mark from 60% overall to 80% upon retaking the class, and my Law mark experienced a substantial increase as well.[/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I understand how important a university education and degree is in everyday life. It tells prospective employers that one can be taught and is dedicated to a cause. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to receive a degree from McMaster. [/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Thank you once again for your consideration in granting me reinstatement to McMaster University. [/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/font]
Old 06-30-2010 at 08:55 AM   #3
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

You can have reinstatement letters looked at by counsellors at career services.