MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Remembrance Day off??? smarties13 General Discussion 27 11-09-2010 09:57 PM
Remembrance day ceremonies??? macculkin General Discussion 27 11-12-2009 11:13 PM
Teaching Awards Ceremony temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 18 03-27-2009 03:27 PM
Remembrance Day sinthusized General Discussion 3 11-10-2008 01:01 PM
REMEMBRANCE DAY poppies Chad General Discussion 3 11-02-2007 10:05 AM

Remembrance Day ceremony this year ?

Old 11-08-2010 at 05:33 PM   #1
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Remembrance Day ceremony this year ?
I assume there will be a Remembrance Day ceremony at school this Thursday, but does anyone know where and what time? I think last year was in Convocation Hall, but I'm not sure.

Of course McMaster sites are down right now, so I can't find anything. Does anyone know for sure?
Old 11-08-2010 at 07:19 PM   #2
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Nah, we should just all play some Call of Duty games instead.
Old 11-08-2010 at 08:05 PM   #3
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

I've heard this through word of mouth only, but apparently it is in Convocation Hall again. Best bet would be to just check with the site when it's up. I could be totally wrong
Old 11-08-2010 at 08:10 PM   #4
vkozina

Liked: 6 Times

Yea its at convocation hall at 1045, I am pretty sure. I work for the alumni advancement office and had to make a poster to advertise it
Old 11-08-2010 at 08:38 PM   #5
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Thanks guys!
Old 11-08-2010 at 09:23 PM   #6
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Nah, we should just all play some Call of Duty games instead.
I hope you come to an MI meetup sometime, so I can punch you in the junk for this.

Old 11-08-2010 at 09:55 PM   #7
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
I hope you come to an MI meetup sometime, so I can punch you in the junk for this.
I am actually. [moderated] I have never seen someone try to punch a person in the nuts, lmfao.

Btw, playing COD is giving respect to troops. Unless, you start playing as Germans (have done this a lot).

Last edited by Commander : 11-08-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:06 PM   #8
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
I am actually. [moderated] I have never seen someone try to punch a person in the nuts, lmfao.

Btw, playing COD is giving respect to troops. Unless, you start playing as Germans (have done this a lot).
You seem to think I'm joking.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:12 PM   #9
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Hmm got a class at 11:11, but I'd skip it for this. My bio prof had a moment of silence followed up with a relevant talk on nerve gas... :O
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:15 PM   #10
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Grow up and don't live a miserable life.
This from the kid who advocates playing video games over taking a few moments out of his ADD-riddled life to remember the people that sacrificed their lives for him.

People on MI that know me can vouch for how much of a laid back guy I am. But I don't **** around when it comes to respecting people that voluntarily leapt up and crossed the world to die, so that one day we wouldn't have to.

MeganB214 likes this.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:16 PM   #11
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Hmm got a class at 11:11, but I'd skip it for this. My bio prof had a moment of silence followed up with a relevant talk on nerve gas... :O
Last year Dr Moro stopped her lecture (mid sentence, if I recall correctly), and honoured the moment of silence. It was quite nice to see.

escape likes this.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:19 PM   #12
Commander
P.I.M.P

Here I go:

Remembrance day is for dumbasses. Yeah, that's right !

Support for soldiers in WW1 and WW2?? Wtf!

Ok Canada had nothing to do with both wars, it wasn't threatened by the Axis in any way except maybe economically.

WW1 : Canada was Great Britain's *****.
WW2: Canada didn't do much anyway, it still wasn't its war.

Afghanistan : I don't need to comment on that it's obvious.
Korean War: Same as above

To the idiot Reeves: Sacrificed my life for me ? Wow, you really need brain cells. Like seriously, I think I am going to study how to generate brain cells just for you. Btw, call me a kid for playing video game, whatever. At least, I know more history than you do.

People who support Remembrance Day, Support War and therefore they support killings of human BEINGS. HOW can you support killings of human Beings ffs.

Last edited by Commander : 11-08-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:23 PM   #13
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Here I go:

Support for soldiers in WW1 and WW2.

Ok Canada had nothing to do with both wars, it wasn't threatened by the Axis in any way except maybe economically.

People who support Remembrance Day, Support War and therefore they support killings of human BEINGS. HOW can you support killings of human Beings ffs.
More like supporting freedom. Seriously, you're saying Canada didn't do anything in WWI?
In WW2, if all the nations excluding the ones that got "attacked" fought back, the world would have been taken over by Germany.

You think he's going to stop when he's done with Europe? He had the technology to go overseas.
Please, you're a load of horseshit that knows nothing on this matter.
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:27 PM   #14
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
More like supporting freedom. Seriously, you're saying Canada didn't do anything in WWI?
In WW2, if all the nations excluding the ones that got "attacked" fought back, the world would have been taken over by Germany.

You think he's going to stop when he's done with Europe? He had the technology to go overseas.
Please, you're a load of horseshit that knows nothing on this matter.
haters gonna hate

trollers gonna troll

i dont wanna do

none of the above

i want to piss on you

Old 11-08-2010 at 10:27 PM   #15
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Here I go:

Support for soldiers in WW1 and WW2.

To the idiot Reeves: Sacrificed my life for me ? Wow, you really need brain cells. Like seriously, I think I am going to study how to generate brain cells just for you. Btw, call me a kid for playing video game, whatever. At least, I know more history than you do.

Wow. Awesome rant bro. But nowhere in any of that, did you actually mention anything to do with remembrance day.

Remembrance day is celebrated on at 11 AM, on 11/11, because that is when WWI ended. Repeat, ended. And yes, we were more or less England's ***** then, which is why the day is celebrated in all the commonwealth, after being declared an honorary day by, you guessed it, the King of England. It is a celebration of the end of the war, not the creation of it. It in no way supports war. It recognizes sacrifices made during the war, and commemorates the end of it.

Yep, you sure knows you some histry, boy!