MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Remembrance Day off??? smarties13 General Discussion 27 11-09-2010 09:57 PM
Remembrance day ceremonies??? macculkin General Discussion 27 11-12-2009 11:13 PM
Teaching Awards Ceremony temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 18 03-27-2009 03:27 PM
Remembrance Day sinthusized General Discussion 3 11-10-2008 01:01 PM
REMEMBRANCE DAY poppies Chad General Discussion 3 11-02-2007 10:05 AM

Remembrance Day ceremony this year ?

Old 11-08-2010 at 10:50 PM   #31
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
I won't make him bleed. I don't want to have to go home and do laundry.

I don't get why Jhan edited my content. It wasnt threatening, I was just talking about people fighting in bridges.

Mods, come on -_____________-
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:54 PM   #32
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
I don't get why Jhan edited my content. It wasnt threatening, I was just talking about people fighting in bridges.

Mods, come on -_____________-
I know. Of all the posts in this thread to censor, it's that one LOL
Old 11-08-2010 at 10:55 PM   #33
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Without even mentioning the fact that people were indoctrinated into the nazi party from childhood (look up Hitler Youth), many people didn't have a choice in whether or not they were assigned to the Nazi ranks. If you think that only the most ethnocentric white-supremacists joined the SS, then you're sadly mistaken. People who had the appropriate height and build were selected regardless of their beliefs. Once they had been deployed, Nazi's that tried to desert or deviate from orders were shot by Germans, without question. The allied forces often shot Nazi's on sight, without question. So what the hell are you going to do, besides keep your head down and hope you get through the war alive?
Dumbass, the Myth was about something taught in Canadian History Books to which most of you dumb people get your biased knowledge from. All canadian history books say Hitler's forces were German Nazis who chose to enlist.
Old 11-08-2010 at 11:01 PM   #34
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Dumbass, the Myth was about something taught in Canadian History Books to which most of you dumb people get your biased knowledge from. All canadian history books say Hitler's forces were German Nazis who chose to enlist.

Since none of us were there to experience it first hand (although many of us have grandparents who did), all history we read is biased to a certain extent. However, there are clear connections between all historical accounts of every event that took place, and those similarities are what we take as the truth.

And how can you say Canadian history books are biased? Our books aren't coloured with imagination and fiction. In the States, they don't even learn about the Holocaust.
Old 11-08-2010 at 11:03 PM   #35
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
I have a feeling your walls are covered in tin foil and chicken wire.

justinsftw says thanks to reeves for this post.

justinsftw likes this.
Old 11-08-2010 at 11:08 PM   #36
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Since none of us were there to experience it first hand (although many of us have grandparents who did), all history we read is biased to a certain extent. However, there are clear connections between all historical accounts of every event that took place, and those similarities are what we take as the truth.

And how can you say Canadian history books are biased? Our books aren't coloured with imagination and fiction. In the States, they don't even learn about the Holocaust.
LOL, Holocaust is taught in the US ? They don't need to. That's like teaching kids about Great Purge in Russia. Then you'd have to teach every single horrible shit that happened in the last 50 years, including Israeli crimes which is against the agenda. of the US government.
Old 11-08-2010 at 11:15 PM   #37
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
LOL, Holocaust is taught in the US ? They don't need to. That's like teaching kids about Great Purge in Russia. Then you'd have to teach every single horrible shit that happened in the last 50 years, including Israeli crimes which is against the agenda. of the US government.

You do realize that Rememberance Day is still important? and it is still going to happen without any regard given to your whiny, failtroll ways.

That being said, I lost my poppy.
Old 11-08-2010 at 11:35 PM   #38
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
You do realize that Rememberance Day is still important? and it is still going to happen without any regard given to your whiny, failtroll ways.

That being said, I lost my poppy.
I dont have a poppy to lose yet. Should get one before Thurs..
Old 11-08-2010 at 11:35 PM   #39
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

now....
Quote:
Here I go:

Remembrance day is for dumbasses. Yeah, that's right !

Support for soldiers in WW1 and WW2?? Wtf!

Ok Canada had nothing to do with both wars, it wasn't threatened by the Axis in any way except maybe economically.

WW1 : Canada was Great Britain's *****.
WW2: Canada didn't do much anyway, it still wasn't its war.

Afghanistan : I don't need to comment on that it's obvious.
Korean War: Same as above

To the idiot Reeves: Sacrificed my life for me ? Wow, you really need brain cells. Like seriously, I think I am going to study how to generate brain cells just for you. Btw, call me a kid for playing video game, whatever. At least, I know more history than you do.

People who support Remembrance Day, Support War and therefore they support killings of human BEINGS. HOW can you support killings of human Beings ffs.
you seriously got to be kidding me -_- go brush up on ur history before you start lecturing others.. Canada was still considered a part of Britain so they had to help out or have the risk of being treated as a betraying colony after all Britain did for it. Even if Canada wasn't threatened in either wars, for all you know it could have gotten to the point where Canada was also in trouble and we would have been screwed for not joining in and helping those counties in need. And "Support for soldiers in WW1 and WW2?? Wtf!" its to pay ur respects to those in the past who gave up their families, futures and dreams just so others can continue holding onto their own. It's just nice you know to show that we haven't forgotten what they did for us.
Quote:
People who support Remembrance Day, Support War and therefore they support killings of human BEINGS. HOW can you support killings of human Beings ffs.
....honestly i just dun get how you can come to that conclusion... supporting remembrance day shows that we shouldn't take life for granted and others had to be lost to have our own..

edit:
its cool if you like playing video games no one really cares, we all play em but its nice to show a bit of courtesy, its really not gonna kill you or take too much of ur gaming time.

Last edited by bloodywarz : 11-08-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-09-2010 at 12:28 AM   #40
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
now....

you seriously got to be kidding me -_- go brush up on ur history before you start lecturing others.. Canada was still considered a part of Britain so they had to help out or have the risk of being treated as a betraying colony after all Britain did for it. Even if Canada wasn't threatened in either wars, for all you know it could have gotten to the point where Canada was also in trouble and we would have been screwed for not joining in and helping those counties in need. And "Support for soldiers in WW1 and WW2?? Wtf!" its to pay ur respects to those in the past who gave up their families, futures and dreams just so others can continue holding onto their own. It's just nice you know to show that we haven't forgotten what they did for us.
....honestly i just dun get how you can come to that conclusion... supporting remembrance day shows that we shouldn't take life for granted and others had to be lost to have our own..

edit:
its cool if you like playing video games no one really cares, we all play em but its nice to show a bit of courtesy, its really not gonna kill you or take too much of ur gaming time.
[removed by moderator] I didn't say Canada wasn't considered part of Britain. And you don.' know jack shit about WW2. Russia and Britain was all what was needed to destroy the German killing machine.
British won against Rommel alone. Russia defeated Nazis Germany in Stalingrad. D-Day wouldn't have been needed since Russia was sweeping from the East anyway.
Have been screwed ? In relations with other countries, maybe.

No I won't pay my respect for something I don't care about. WW2 was a cowards' war.

5 countries vs 1 ??? WTF no Honor at all.

I hate Nazis just as much as I hate hypocrisy. You guys fought against Germany when Russia should have been you're first issue. You guys ARE SO LUCKY the Soviet Union dissembled itself from within because it's political system was flawed.
Old 11-09-2010 at 12:56 AM   #41
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
STFU, idiot! I didn't say Canada wasn't considered part of Britain. And you don.' know jack shit about WW2. Russia and Britain was all what was needed to destroy the German killing machine.
British won against Rommel alone. Russia defeated Nazis Germany in Stalingrad. D-Day wouldn't have been needed since Russia was sweeping from the East anyway.

No I won't pay my respect for something I don't care about. WW2 was a cowards' war.

I hate Nazis just as much as I hate hypocrisy. You guys fought against Germany when Russia should have been you're first issue. You guys ARE SO LUCKY the Soviet Union dissembled itself from within because it's political system was flawed.
ROFL HAHAHAHA HONOR? wait there where millions of jewish people were being slaughtered and the crazy jackass wanted to increase his power over to other countries and everyone was supposed to consider "oooh no i dun wanna be unfair and tag team 1 country...maybe we should each take turns attacking and give hitler a chance to recover...we have to be nice" it was a war dealing with manslauter and a crazy power hunger fool, you [removed by moderator] the best way to end it was to stop germany and over power it....its what they had to do to saving millions of other lives.
Quote:
You guys fought against Germany
... ummm you do realize this war was over 50 years... "we" didn't do anything the people of that time did what they had to do to save lives if YOU got some problem with that then go friggen invent a time machine and tell em to focus on the Soviet Union. And it was a cold war between the soviet Union and the States, the 2 most powerful countries in the world. if any other country started something stupid and tried tag teaming one or the other a whole nuclear war would have broken out and thats TOTALLY what we wanted ...[removed by moderator]. Stop talking like you actually know something when you just some [removed by moderator] who thinks its "unhonorable to team up on a country even if millions were going to die"
Old 11-09-2010 at 01:17 AM   #42
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
STFU, idiot! I didn't say Canada wasn't considered part of Britain. And you don.' know jack shit about WW2. Russia and Britain was all what was needed to destroy the German killing machine.

For someone that claims to know all about history, you miss a lot. Canada, in 1939 (the outbreak of world war 2), was a dominion of Britain, meaning we were still under British sovereignty. Legally, we were still part of Britain until the constitution Act of 1982. So Britain's going to war means we went too.

Wtf are you talking about 5 vs 1? Do you even know what happened, and what countries were involved? There was no "1". Germany was allied with Italy and Japan mainly, but also with the remnants of the Austro-Hungarian Empire (Hungary, Romania, etc), and random other countries, like Finland (who successfully fought off the USSR you seem to hold in such high regard, with inferior numbers and technology). That's 6 countries right there, and that doesn't even include puppets or factions of governments.

Stick to your math and physics, engineer.

...or not, since you apparently cant count past 1.
Old 11-09-2010 at 03:21 AM   #43
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Commander, shut [removed by moderator]. You're an embarrassment to the French.

Quote:
You're mistaken. There's nothing to "refute," you've clearly never taken a history course.
I'm not going to waste my time proving you wrong when all you have to do is pick up a ****ing book.

Quote:
Canada achieved a lot in WW1.
Quote:
Support for soldiers in WW1 and WW2?? Wtf!

Ok Canada had nothing to do with both wars,
Just stop before you hurt yourself.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 11-09-2010 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-09-2010 at 07:02 AM   #44
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
I have a feeling your walls are covered in tin foil and chicken wire.
YEAH AND I BET YOU BELEEEVE 911 WASNT AN INSIDE JOB!!1!!1

MacInsiders, oh you become more and more fun every day.. tee hee
Old 11-09-2010 at 11:02 AM   #45
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

I'm actually not sure where convocation hall is. Can I get some directions, please?