MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Facebook Launches "Timeline" Chad MacInsiders Announcements 9 09-27-2011 09:01 PM
Going into second year, when will I pick my major? my courses? looking for a timeline dumbconsumer Academics 9 05-24-2011 07:30 PM
Can we remove courses from ELM? Kathy2 Academics 5 01-13-2010 08:35 PM
Possible To Remove Mark From Transcript? Skip Academics 8 09-30-2009 12:42 PM
Remove Courses on ELM Pay919 General Discussion 3 09-19-2009 08:46 PM

Remove Timeline from Facebook?

Old 12-15-2011 at 07:30 PM   #1
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Remove Timeline from Facebook?
I was trying out the new Timeline feature in Facebook, and I don't like the way it looks.

How do I switch back to my old profile view?
Old 12-15-2011 at 07:54 PM   #2
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

you can't. also might as well get used to it. this will be the "new" facebook eventually.
Old 12-15-2011 at 08:04 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

It's just like the last time they changed the profile layout. Eventually all of them will look like that, so there's no way to switch back :/
Old 12-15-2011 at 08:07 PM   #4
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

I don't think you can. I switched to the new profile too and I can't go back and frankly, I kinda like the timeline profile.

Last edited by akikokoyoki : 12-15-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-15-2011 at 08:28 PM   #5
apples12

Liked: 91 Times

Haha for the next few days all social networking websites will have people complaining about this new look... like every single other time that facebook has changed. I can't even remember what it used look like in 2007 when I first got it!

Edit: I don't even remember what it looked like before the last time it changed...

crazyfree likes this.
Old 12-15-2011 at 08:32 PM   #6
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

What ?? they changed facebook again? I deactivated facebook back in September, and after I did, I heard that they did some changes to the design of it, and now they are changing it again ??

ohh well, MI is better than facebook during the school year

Old 12-15-2011 at 08:34 PM   #7
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

It's not really official yet, it says when I went to change mine that the timeline profile will go live on Dec. 22
Old 12-15-2011 at 08:38 PM   #8
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

I like timeline, but it seems to lag at times. . .
Old 12-15-2011 at 11:09 PM   #9
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

i haven't really complained about any of the changes to FB thus far, but this timeline is really bugging me, I find it a lot harder to navigate thru (for example, when completely trolling someone)
Old 12-15-2011 at 11:13 PM   #10
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
I like timeline, but it seems to lag at times. . .
Thats the reason i hate each update more then anything, when they first introduced the live side bar it was glitchy at times.

I also dont see how changing something every 3 months makes anything better. most companies update every year or longer so its less annoying. its like if timmies changed its menu board every 3 months, it wouldnt accomplish much besides annoy people till they get used to it
Old 12-16-2011 at 06:11 PM   #11
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

I really hope that people aren't this intellectually stubborn in life. Seriously, if adapting to new facebook design changes is hard for you, I shudder to think at how you react to changes in your life.

akikokoyoki likes this.
Old 12-16-2011 at 06:46 PM   #12
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I have a serious issue with more than just how it looks... It's creepy as F*** and it makes that creep factor a lot more prominent. Currently it's not that easy for a friend to go creeping on my posts from 3 years back... But with Timeline, you just click a time and date that you want to see in my past and you can know exactly what I was doing when an where.

While this also makes it a lot more obvious to people that what you post online is floating around forever in cyberspace, Timeline is Facebook's way of making that data a lot more prominent for others to have access to, and that trumps the inconvenience that any Facebook style change has ever brought us.
Old 12-16-2011 at 07:07 PM   #13
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
I have a serious issue with more than just how it looks... It's creepy as F*** and it makes that creep factor a lot more prominent. Currently it's not that easy for a friend to go creeping on my posts from 3 years back... But with Timeline, you just click a time and date that you want to see in my past and you can know exactly what I was doing when an where.

While this also makes it a lot more obvious to people that what you post online is floating around forever in cyberspace, Timeline is Facebook's way of making that data a lot more prominent for others to have access to, and that trumps the inconvenience that any Facebook style change has ever brought us.
Wait, so if i'm understanding you correctly, the fact that Facebook is now making us more aware of the content that we're putting on its website is now a bad thing?

Simply because Facebook's old design allowed us to be blissfully unaware of risks to our privacy does not make it inherently better, in fact the updated privacy options should be lauded for making your data safer and simpler to control.
Old 12-16-2011 at 07:27 PM   #14
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

-Ish-, Afzal, aya017, crazyfree like this.
Old 12-17-2011 at 12:50 PM   #15
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattatmac View Post
Wait, so if i'm understanding you correctly, the fact that Facebook is now making us more aware of the content that we're putting on its website is now a bad thing?

Simply because Facebook's old design allowed us to be blissfully unaware of risks to our privacy does not make it inherently better, in fact the updated privacy options should be lauded for making your data safer and simpler to control.
It's not a bad thing that it's maing us more aware. This is a by-product of the new design. The unfortunate thing is that it has made access to old information a lot easier. Yes, it'more easier for me to get to that old information to erase it's availability, but it's also just as easier for anyone to stumble on years of that information. (Hence: "Timeline is Facebook's way of making that data a lot more prominent for others to have access to")