MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Didn't make the program requirements - what can I do? Vaness Academics 3 10-17-2010 10:48 AM
Honours requirements? justinsftw Academics 3 08-22-2010 11:56 PM
Program Requirements... Toast Academics 1 06-14-2010 02:28 AM
Question about Honours History program requirements rebeccaaa Academics 2 06-11-2010 09:33 AM

Requirements for Honours Poli Sci and Pysch Program?

Old 06-19-2011 at 03:15 PM   #1
MCMashetty

Liked: 15 Times

Requirements for Honours Poli Sci and Pysch Program?
Does anyone know the requirements to get into this program? I had a GPA of 8.1 and i think i had most of the pysch courses needed.... Not sure if that was too low or what. I still want to get in. Is there any way i can switch my program? do i have to raise my GPA first? Is anyone else actually in this program?
Old 06-19-2011 at 03:26 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMashetty View Post
Does anyone know the requirements to get into this program? I had a GPA of 8.1 and i think i had most of the pysch courses needed.... Not sure if that was too low or what. I still want to get in. Is there any way i can switch my program? do i have to raise my GPA first? Is anyone else actually in this program?
The cut-off must have been higher than an 8.1 then. Maybe contact one of the academic advisors to find out the specific cut-off for this year. You won't be able to switch this year, however, you can shadow the program and take as many of the courses required for Hons Poli Sci and Psych this upcoming year, get your GPA up, and then re-apply to the program after this school-year .

MCMashetty says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 06-19-2011 at 03:47 PM   #3
MCMashetty

Liked: 15 Times

Man, this changes everything
Old 06-19-2011 at 04:24 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMashetty View Post
Man, this changes everything
Don't lose hope, lots of people switch programs each year, so it's not impossible per se. However, definitely talk to an academic advisor to see what your options are and what courses you can take this year to catch up to others already in the program. Just focus on working hard this year and getting a high enough average !

MCMashetty says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.