MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need advice mfattal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 01-02-2011 05:27 PM
Advice arathbon Academics 16 05-22-2010 04:22 PM
A little Advice Commie8507 General Discussion 2 05-12-2010 08:51 AM
Any Advice? pink_cupcake Academics 8 06-28-2009 10:41 PM
some advice please... EngLufLuf General Discussion 16 06-22-2009 10:29 PM

Residence Advice

Old 04-27-2011 at 10:15 PM   #16
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

I was in a Bunk and Loft triple in Moulton this year. God I hated that place.
Except Moulton has the EMR, which is where I spent all of my time this year, and that was pretty cool.

If you play piano, the tea room in Wallingford has a great piano (well, a lot better than most residences). The last time I played a coffee house in there it was in tune and not bad at all to play. Les Prince has a piano in their first floor common room that was out of tune the last time I touched it.

Personally if I were you I'd go Les Prince over Wallingford any day. Even though the architecture in Wally is amazing, Les Prince is close to the athletic center, overlooks the football field, and there's a small hiking trail in behind it that runs through Cootes and comes out behind Brandon. I don't mind walking an extra few minutes; McMaster only takes like seven minutes to walk end to end.
Old 04-27-2011 at 11:01 PM   #17
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.p92 View Post
i;m pretty sure if you say single with washroom you're still gonna get LP ?
Yeah, I'm thinking so too, but I wasn't sure if you they would consider a suite a single room plus washroom too. It's not really a private washroom, but it's not as public as most residences.
Old 04-27-2011 at 11:13 PM   #18
doppelganger

Liked: 65 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking so too, but I wasn't sure if you they would consider a suite a single room plus washroom too. It's not really a private washroom, but it's not as public as most residences.
Bates and Mary Keyes don't count as a single with washroom because you get a private living room and kitchen as well.

alh24 says thanks to doppelganger for this post.
Old 04-27-2011 at 11:19 PM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
Bates and Mary Keyes don't count as a single with washroom because you get a private living room and kitchen as well.
I thought it doesn't count as single with washroom because you don't have your own washroom but have to share it with other people in the suite/apartment...
Old 04-27-2011 at 11:23 PM   #20
doppelganger

Liked: 65 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I thought it doesn't count as single with washroom because you don't have your own washroom but have to share it with other people in the suite/apartment...
that too

jbgjfghfgn urtynyt
Old 05-02-2011 at 02:38 PM   #21
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

guys how about the type with like 4 bedrooms a living room and 2 bathrooms??

where would that be located

I dont like the idea of sharing my own room with a stranger but i dont mind being in the same house or apartment just as long as i get my own room
and having my own washroom or sharing with 1 guy is the max i would like

so what is the best option for me?
Old 05-02-2011 at 02:42 PM   #22
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
guys how about the type with like 4 bedrooms a living room and 2 bathrooms??

where would that be located

I dont like the idea of sharing my own room with a stranger but i dont mind being in the same house or apartment just as long as i get my own room
and having my own washroom or sharing with 1 guy is the max i would like

so what is the best option for me?
Bates is an apartment style, and sounds like what you're looking for. If I recall correctly, there are two bathrooms and four bedrooms (at least, that was the case for everyone I know who lived in Bates - some apartments may have had more or less bedrooms).

Keyes is a suite style, and I think it's roughly the same, yet nicer, and there may only be one bathroom per suite.

Last edited by alh24 : 05-02-2011 at 02:46 PM.

mfattal says thanks to alh24 for this post.
Old 05-02-2011
3am Coffee
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 05-02-2011
alh24
Old 05-02-2011
3am Coffee
Old 05-02-2011
alh24
Old 05-02-2011
3am Coffee
Old 05-02-2011
alh24
Old 05-03-2011 at 05:25 AM   #23
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
Bates is an apartment style, and sounds like what you're looking for. If I recall correctly, there are two bathrooms and four bedrooms (at least, that was the case for everyone I know who lived in Bates - some apartments may have had more or less bedrooms).

Keyes is a suite style, and I think it's roughly the same, yet nicer, and there may only be one bathroom per suite.
thanks for your help

what options should i choose on the form so i would have the best chance to get into these types??
Old 05-03-2011 at 09:01 AM   #24
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Yep, I think people have already mentioned it, but let me reiterate - you do not get to choose where you're placed. I was 'guaranteed a spot on rez' because of my grades, and I got one, but still not where I wanted. So even if you specify double/washroom, you might not get it. Or if you specify female residence, you might not get that, either, and still be placed in co-ed.

Just keep these things in mind.

mfattal says thanks to Faer for this post.