MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
does triple room mean theirs a bunk and loft 737300173 Residence & Housing 5 05-23-2011 12:03 AM
Double room. thisisje Introduce Yourself 2 05-17-2010 07:46 AM
Double room with washroom residence QUESTION! MariaQ Residence & Housing 7 05-02-2010 11:15 PM
Triple Rooms in Residence Jayuna Residence & Housing 2 07-04-2008 08:18 PM
Triple Room Request omzar First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-25-2008 02:52 PM

Residence help, What does a double/Triple room ($4830) mean?

Old 05-29-2011 at 02:59 PM   #1
Need2knowme

Liked: 0 Times

Residence help, What does a double/Triple room ($4830) mean?
Hi,

Thank you for your time

When reading the types of residence, I came accross the double/ triple room ($4,830) and the double room with washroom (@5,185). Does this mean that I have to share 1 room with my friend or does it mean that there are 2 (double) rooms, 1 for each of us?

Also, there is an option for a quad room, does this mean that there are 4 people living in the same room or 4 different rooms?

P.S. Can you share your experiences at the residence, How was it like?

Thank you so much
Old 05-29-2011 at 03:10 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Double is one room shared with a friend and triple is a room shared by 3 people. Also, a quad is 4 people in one room. The only options where there are 4 (or 6) different rooms are the apartment and suite options in Bates and Keyes.

Need2knowme likes this.
Old 05-29-2011 at 03:11 PM   #3
dumbconsumer

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need2knowme View Post
Hi,

Thank you for your time

When reading the types of residence, I came accross the double/ triple room ($4,830) and the double room with washroom (@5,185). Does this mean that I have to share 1 room with my friend or does it mean that there are 2 (double) rooms, 1 for each of us?

Also, there is an option for a quad room, does this mean that there are 4 people living in the same room or 4 different rooms?

P.S. Can you share your experiences at the residence, How was it like?

Thank you so much
double room, or triple room, or quad room...all mean that all the people live in the SAME room. From personal stories i've heard from some friends, I'd say avoid this. for example, in a double room, you'll have one room with no walls in it, that contains two single beds, two desks etc. (two of everything). I think the situation gets trickier with quad rooms, where you may have bunk beds?! not too sure how that works.

I was in a double room with no washroom, not my ideal choice, in fact, not even listed in my top 5 choices, but it ended up working out. I got Hedden Hall, which is a nice, modernish buildings with personal "you-can-lock-behind-you" washrooms. I know some residences have giant, public washrooms. My Roommate was a nice guy, not like we became best friends or anything, but we didn't give each other trouble, which worked out. I know some people become very tight with their roommate. Others not so much, gets trickier in a triple or quad situation, where you may have to accommodate more people and personalities.

There are lots of parties in residence, especially on the weekends and sometimes thursday, there are also organized events by your floor CAs or for the whole building, I personally didn't get involved (not the partying type), but if you are the partying type, residence will work out nicely.

If you're looking for 4 to 6 people, each with their own room, but each sharing a larger living space together, so they're "technically" roommates, you're looking for a suite or an apartment, keep cost in mind though cause those are more expensive.

That's about it... i think.

Last edited by dumbconsumer : 05-29-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Need2knowme says thanks to dumbconsumer for this post.