MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Residence Move-In Dates Finalized! jhan523 MacInsiders Announcements 14 09-04-2010 07:11 PM
Residence move-in Allana:) Residence & Housing 6 08-06-2010 02:25 PM
Residence Move-In Linh Residence & Housing 1 07-18-2010 09:17 PM
Residence Move-In fuzzyskittle Residence & Housing 28 09-01-2009 02:01 PM
residence move in dates joannasmith First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-14-2009 12:29 PM

Residence/SOCS Move-in Talk

Old 08-25-2009
~*Sara*~
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-25-2009 at 12:14 PM   #76
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by person33 View Post
I was in a Moulton bunk and loft last year so i can answer that... A and B both get one of the large closets. i had the exact same plastic drawers that you are thinking of getting and that fit perfectly in my closet in Moulton

bunk c (which is the loft) has all of its storage within the confines of the loft

hope this helps
Yay for B. lol
Old 08-25-2009 at 12:14 PM   #77
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by person33 View Post
I was in a Moulton bunk and loft last year so i can answer that... A and B both get one of the large closets. i had the exact same plastic drawers that you are thinking of getting and that fit perfectly in my closet in Moulton

bunk c (which is the loft) has all of its storage within the confines of the loft

hope this helps
Thanks a lot! I'll definitely go get then now
Old 08-25-2009 at 05:46 PM   #78
niteskie
Elite Member

Less than 12 days I went on my residence facebook group and it's so quiet compared to the others. O.o
Old 08-25-2009 at 10:24 PM   #79
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Agreed! We need to liven up the Moulton group just a little bit, and of course invite all the missing people, since it only has ~ 90 people out of two hundred something :(
Old 08-26-2009 at 07:12 PM   #80
Flag

Liked: 35 Times

Anyone have any experience dealing with over clingy relatives? Here's my problem-

My cousin is dropping me off- it's too far a drive for my parents, and it's convienient for her (she claims to be 15 minutes away in St. Catherines, she drives like a maniac)...
So, nice gesture, right? Besides the whole 150KMH for 2 hours thing...

She's nearly 50 years old. She's a total wanna-be-15-again type. She's obsessed with me going to university. She won't shut up about it. She's pretty much kidnapped me once (Ahh you need to go shopping, come on come on! and literally dragged me to her car). She calls up and talks to me about being drunk, parties, etc. ALL the time. She wishes she were going to university as a 19 year old.

And I'm pretty sure she's going to hang around and talk to EVERYONE in my building for hours and hours and everyone that she meets inbetween the car and residence, and just in general harass everyone.

I want to get my stuff in my room, and go out, meet people, get my macpass, student card, etc. Have a good time. My idea of meeting people does not include my cousin running around showing pictures of her kids and telling them about how her husbands car blew a tire on us, then saying "BY THE WAY, THIS IS MY COUSIN!"

Sorry, did I run on there?

How can I get rid of her?! I don't want to say "Get lost" but I DO want her to get lost!

Last edited by Flag : 08-26-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-26-2009 at 07:43 PM   #81
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flag View Post
Anyone have any experience dealing with over clingy relatives? Here's my problem-

My cousin is dropping me off- it's too far a drive for my parents, and it's convienient for her (she claims to be 15 minutes away in St. Catherines, she drives like a maniac)...

She's nearly 50 years old. She's a total wanna-be-15-again type. She's obsessed with me going to university. She won't shut up about it. She's pretty much kidnapped me once (Ahh you need to go shopping, come on come on! and literally dragged me to her car). She calls up and talks to me about being drunk, parties, etc. ALL the time. She wishes she were going to university as a 19 year old.

And I'm pretty sure she's going to hang around and talk to EVERYONE in my building for hours and hours and everyone that she meets inbetween the car and residence, and just in general harass everyone.

I want to get my stuff in my room, and go out, meet people, get my macpass, student card, etc. Have a good time. My idea of meeting people does not include my cousin running around showing pictures of her kids and telling them about how her husbands car blew a tire on us, then saying "BY THE WAY, THIS IS MY COUSIN!"

How can I get rid of her?! I don't want to say "Get lost" but I DO want her to get lost!
You can tell her some BS about doing welcome week activities and only students being allowed for it. If all else fails then you could always just pretend to be walking to the tim hortons or something and disappear on the way XD. Maybe tell one of the WW reps and they can get rid of her for you.
Old 08-26-2009 at 08:30 PM   #82
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaseen View Post
You can tell her some BS about doing welcome week activities and only students being allowed for it. If all else fails then you could always just pretend to be walking to the tim hortons or something and disappear on the way XD. Maybe tell one of the WW reps and they can get rid of her for you.
Another option... Can you outrun her? XD

syaseen likes this.
Old 08-26-2009 at 08:35 PM   #83
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flag View Post

Or you could always just tell her the cold hard truth which would be to act her age and that you would prefer to be left to do your own thing. That's always an option. How else will she know that you don't like what she's doing since she probably doesn't see anything wrong with it.

Old 08-26-2009 at 08:43 PM   #84
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

I have just finished packing for the Sept 1 move-in date for my off-campus place, and it took less than half an hour.
Old 08-26-2009 at 09:47 PM   #85
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

ok.. so i jus bought bedding stuff (comforter..sheets... pillow...sponge) and a hamper and hangers.... i have quite a way to go still :(
Old 08-26-2009 at 09:48 PM   #86
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
I have just finished packing for the Sept 1 move-in date for my off-campus place, and it took less than half an hour.
Very impressive. It would take me 30 minutes just to decide which outfits to pack.
Old 08-26-2009 at 10:36 PM   #87
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
Very impressive. It would take me 30 minutes just to decide which outfits to pack.
haha same .. but for me it's more like an hour and 30 minutes , especially since I don't wanna take my whole closet

Flag- I don't recommend hurting her the day you're leaving for university which also means you won't see her as often as you used to :(. It'll just be way too hurtful.. Why don't you just tell her that parents can only stay for a certain time, as in if your drop off is 8-12, go at like 10, and tell her it ends 12 or something, and since the other floors will be moving in, you can tell her that too!. So that she doesn't have too much of a chance to stay around. That's what I would do anyway. My parents are going to stay as well, but when they see how crowded it is, I doubt they'll wanna stick around anyway, it'll get crazy!

daisy likes this.
Old 08-26-2009 at 11:15 PM   #88
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
Residence students don't be deceived. It takes much longer than 30 minutes to pack everything you need. Don't pack your entire life but don't forget essentials such as deodorant, hangers, printers, etc.

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 08-29-2009 at 07:52 PM   #89
niteskie
Elite Member

They now have a video up of the welcome song on the interactive move in map. lol