MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can someone please review my schedule? luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-16-2010 06:12 PM
can you review my timetable? please bubblegum3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-29-2010 10:18 AM
Review my Timetable PLease MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-27-2010 10:38 PM
Review my schedule please!!! quresmu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-15-2009 01:03 PM
2nd Yr Multimedia Schedule Review? TTHX Academics 4 06-23-2009 05:04 PM

Review My Schedule/Timetable - Post here

Old 08-11-2008 at 04:26 PM   #16
angel27

Liked: 7 Times

thnx so much mitch
Old 08-11-2008 at 04:32 PM   #17
Bibo

Liked: 0 Times

Review my Timetable
Hi, I am in first year engineering and would like some input on how well my timetable is structured (eg. workload, times, distance etc). I also tried changing my economics class (evening class) to another time but I believe it was full (top is Term 1, bottom is term 2).

Thanks everyone!

Old 08-11-2008 at 05:30 PM   #18
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Friend's timetable
My friend who was not able to go on Mac Insiders today wanted to know if there's anything she could do with her timetable so that it looks better. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1st.jpg (119.0 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 2nd.jpg (114.8 KB, 50 views)
Old 08-11-2008 at 06:56 PM   #19
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

call me crazy but um..wats wrong with it? lol sorry i've seen so many god awful schedules as of late

unless he is interested in movin those 7pm classes, i rly dont see wats wrong with it

of course, this is in the perspective of a first yr student so i may be wrong...

Old 08-11-2008 at 07:00 PM   #20
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

hmm..well for Term 2, try moving one of those engineering spots for wednesday, same time i think is fine..

are u ok with having econ at night, u gotta look at your tuesday..sorry im still not rly good at this but hopefully someone here can help..you

problem is at this stage, a lot the changes may/maynot be possible..heck i went on MUGSI at about 1pm (FINALLY) and i couldnt make some of my changes..no big deal cause i thought of other ways to solve em..

Last edited by kenvin100 : 08-11-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Bibo says thanks to kenvin100 for this post.
Old 08-11-2008 at 07:19 PM   #21
scott000

Liked: 8 Times

I wouldn't worry too much about Econ in the evening. I practically never went lol.

If you took economics in high school this class will pretty much be review for you. Holmes posts all her Notes online and you have weekly online assignments that will make sure you don't fall behind. When you do go to class, the way it worked was that you would normally only be there until 9:30ish instead of 10, with a 15min break in between. So like 60-75mins of class, 15min break, 60min or less of class.

Another plus about the night class is that you will write your midterms during the class time instead of Saturday morning with the Day Class People.

Bibo, Kiz01 all say thanks to scott000 for this post.
Old 08-11-2008 at 07:28 PM   #22
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Unless your friend wants to try to move around classes to reduce gaps between them, the schedules seem fine. A day off second semester (wish I had that...) and only one class friday for both semesters looks great. It's spread out well... so your friend can see if some classes can be made a little closer but besides that, I would leave it the way it is.
Old 08-11-2008 at 07:33 PM   #23
scott000

Liked: 8 Times

Don't forget to look at a map of the campus when doing your schedule. You do have 10mins between classes, but if you can avoid long distances between classes it'd be easier. TSH, CNH and KTH are all connected so you can get to classes within these buildings without having to go outside. This is especially nice during lousy weather.

So, with that said, I would attempt to move some of the tutorials such as SOC 1A03, PEACE 1B03, etc. But if she's unable to, it's not the end of the world.
Old 08-11-2008 at 07:33 PM   #24
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Hey Bibo,

I would try to switch Engineer 1P03 to C03 and then the Engineer 1P03 tutorial to T09 or 10. This would allow you to end 3 hours ealier on Thursday and 2 hours earlier on Monday second semester, as well as 3 hours earlier on Thursday first semester.

Bibo says thanks to mitch for this post.
Old 08-11-2008 at 07:51 PM   #25
sidraH

My Timetable :'(
Okay..ummm...I'm completely freaking out!! Here are my problems:

1). I can't sign back into mugsi/solar
2). The last time i signed in.. I couldn't take MAth 1LS3 because it said i had too many courses in one semester. This is because i can't change any of my courses. Most of them are in term 2 and they aren't available in term 1 because they are full. So how do i fix this? It won't let me change the courses to term 1 :S
3). I took Inquiry and so my courseload should be 16.5 in term 1 and 13.5 in term 2. I can't even get to that because first of all i don't have all my courses added.

I have no idea what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how do i save my timetable so that i can post it here??? :S
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term 1.jpg (186.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg term2.jpg (185.7 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by sidraH : 08-11-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: upload timetable
Old 08-11-2008 at 07:57 PM   #26
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

1) to save your profile hit PRINT SCREEN (PrtSc) on the top of your keyboard, paste it into MS Paint and save as a JPG.

2) MUGSI/ SOLAR is probably just over loaded, keep trying

3) If you have an elective in your over-full semester then drop it to make room for the Math that you need. If you can't do that, call your faculty. I had to over load in one semester in my first year so I know it can be done.

4) Once you get your overloading problem fixed adding the rest of your courses should be alright. If you're having a lot of problems talk to your faculty and they should be able to help you out.

Old 08-11-2008 at 08:09 PM   #27
sidraH

Thanks Sabrina! I got my timetable uploaded. If you could have a look at it Sabrina and give me some on how I should even out my load that would be great!

Also, I'm scared that if i drop my elective then i won't be able to get back into it..
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:09 PM   #28
sidraH

**advice
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:51 PM   #29
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I would like day offs too, but that would mean more packing in the other four days Lol. As it is my days are already long :(
Old 08-11-2008 at 09:21 PM   #30
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Okay I see your problem and I understand your frustration. I'm pissed and it's not even my timetable.
I've just gone through all your classes and looked at the different times and there doesn't seem to be anything that you can change without conflicting with something else.

Since the Math in Semester 1 will fit your timetable perfectly but if SOLAR won't let you do it then you have to call either the registrar or your faculty. I would start with the faculty. See if they can open up some of those cores that are full in semester one that way you can balance around your classes. Tell them that you've run out of options and that you're requesting to an over loaded 2nd semester. It's something that will have to be over rided by administration.

It will be a bit harder on you, having 6 courses in second semester but I think that by 2nd semester you will have adjusted to the way things work around here, the work loads and what is expected of you. It's better than having an over loaded 1st semester.

Its really weird, I think what's throwing me off is your Inquiry class that is term 3 but only 3 units worth, usually their 6 units. Either way, if you add in your Math class to semester 1 it will give you a balanced 15 units in each semester. Call the faculty, it's the only thing I can suggest for you.

Let me know what they say, and make sure you stay on the line with them until you have all your questions answered. If need be make a list!

Last edited by kokosas : 08-11-2008 at 09:37 PM.

sidraH says thanks to kokosas for this post.