MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
single room - lonely? nick Residence & Housing 20 05-23-2010 10:11 PM
Catching The Lonely Bug feonateresa Getting Involved 4 09-19-2009 11:00 PM
Lonely niteskie General Discussion 25 09-09-2009 03:27 PM
The "I'm Lonely" Thread. wintermelon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 52 09-16-2008 11:50 AM

Sad and Lonely

Old 11-28-2009 at 02:50 PM   #61
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
Am I the only one happily involved with someone for many years ):?

I've gotten to the point where I gain far more enjoyment from spending money on my girl than I do on myself...so technically, I too get to spend all my money on things I enjoy.
Same for me too. But 26 months rather than many years.

When does it become many? lol

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 11-28-2009 at 03:14 PM   #62
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

lol I don't know...Essentially, when your perception of your childhood now involves them somehow because either:

a) You're senile, like me (and reeves :p)
b) You've known them what feels like your whole life

I've been involved for over 4 years...comparing with the 'average relationship' I'd say that's "many years." (:
Old 11-28-2009 at 07:58 PM   #63
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
a) You're senile, like me (and reeves :p)
Everyone's ganging up on me I see.

Brb kicking puppies.

Old 11-29-2009 at 12:25 AM   #64
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
I've been involved for over 4 years...comparing with the 'average relationship' I'd say that's "many years." (:
Lmao, 4 years, that's awesome. I know a couple that's been together for almost five years, and they're only 19!! =/ They're basically married. =] xD
It's awesome, because I've only been involved for about a year so far. =/
Old 11-29-2009 at 12:58 AM   #65
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

It's fine that you think that, not everyone has the same opinions so don't worry about what I think either please. I'm right either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Okay then.
I find it weird that you enjoy wearing fur (or any of your other ludicrous statements). Take your judgements and shove them where the sun don't shine.

lone⋅ly

–adjective, -li⋅er, -li⋅est.
1. affected with, characterized by, or causing a depressing feeling of being alone; lonesome.
2. destitute of sympathetic or friendly companionship, intercourse, support, etc.: a lonely exile.
3. lone; solitary; without company; companionless.
4. remote from places of human habitation; desolate; unfrequented; bleak: a lonely road.
5. standing apart; isolated: a lonely tower.

Oh, look at that. Only ONE of the definitions mention any thing about depression.

-rolls eyes-

ffs.

Speak for yourself.
[/color][/color]
Old 11-29-2009 at 04:03 PM   #66
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Am I the only one happily involved with someone for many years ):?

I've gotten to the point where I gain far more enjoyment from spending money on my girl than I do on myself...so technically, I too get to spend all my money on things I enjoy.
I've been with my boyfriend for over 5 years. I agree, I enjoy spending money on him more than on me!

I don't know another commenter meant when they said "You have two branches of problems in relationships - yours and theirs". My boyfriend and I have our own issues, but that doesn't cause any more problems or stress on the other. We work through our issues together, and we have similar goals. I love being in a relationship.

Last edited by Kathy2 : 11-29-2009 at 04:06 PM.

xo.monica likes this.