MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
schedule conflict jamiebenyovi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-12-2010 04:07 PM
What happens if I keep a conflict? Kathy2 Academics 3 09-12-2009 09:35 AM
conflict ,,, raja First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-06-2009 10:36 AM
course conflict!! Skyisblue First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-01-2009 03:17 PM
Holiday Schedule and Exam schedule Reno V First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 10-16-2008 01:56 PM

Is this a Schedule Conflict?

Old 09-04-2008 at 03:57 PM   #1
Holly

Liked: 0 Times

Is this a Schedule Conflict?
I have a core and then a tutorial right after. This happens a few times on my schedule. For example, my Religious Studies core runs from 7pm-9pm, and then tutorial runs from 9pm-10pm.

My concern with this is that they are in two seperate buildings that are quite far apart from eachother. It looks like I'm bound to be late for my tutorial as I'm allowed no time to get from one building to another.

Is this common? Because it's the same class, with proffessors allow time to walk from one building to another?

Or will I have to change this? I hope it's not too late to change my schedule if absoloutely needed. I realize that this has dawned on me a little late.
Old 09-04-2008 at 04:11 PM   #2
Sarah13

Liked: 11 Times

I really, really doubt that this is a conflict. I know that this happens a lot with night classes, with tutorials either immediately before or immediately after the lecture. You can bet that everyone in your tutorial will be coming from the same lecture, so it's not like you'll be missing anything if you're there a bit late...your whole tutorial will probably be coming in at the same time! I'd say, don't worry about it.
Old 09-04-2008 at 04:14 PM   #3
Stan

Liked: 10 Times

It isn't a conflict, you just have to get from one building to another in 10 minutes.
Old 09-04-2008 at 05:02 PM   #4
phlipside101

Liked: 1 Time

this happened to me before as well and it was fine, everyone in the class (including the TA) arrived at the tutorial at the same time. don't worry about it!
Old 09-04-2008 at 06:21 PM   #5
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

It's not a conflict. I have a lab in ITB and class right after in T28. I don't think it gets any farther apart than that...unless you're a MoMac student and are up at Mohawk, but then you have the time to get back down to McMaster.
Old 09-04-2008 at 10:12 PM   #6
Holly

Thanks everyone. This is a relief to know.

I have another question about my timetable... it's something that I just noticed.

I am taking history 1B03 and 1BB3 in my first semester. I have two 1B03 cores at the exact same time, one on Monday and the other on Wednesday. Is this a mess-up? Should I have two cores from the same subject? I have a tutorial for 1B03, which seems normal.
For my 1BB3 history class, I have one core, and one tutorial.

This seems a bit odd to me!
Old 09-04-2008 at 10:34 PM   #7
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly View Post
Thanks everyone. This is a relief to know.

I have another question about my timetable... it's something that I just noticed.

I am taking history 1B03 and 1BB3 in my first semester. I have two 1B03 cores at the exact same time, one on Monday and the other on Wednesday. Is this a mess-up? Should I have two cores from the same subject? I have a tutorial for 1B03, which seems normal.
For my 1BB3 history class, I have one core, and one tutorial.

This seems a bit odd to me!
Hmmm well that means that you have the class twice a week. Some classes are three times a week, some only once and some two. This is ok.

Holly says thanks to DannyV for this post.
Old 09-04-2008 at 10:49 PM   #8
Kevin

Liked: 1 Time

For most of my classes, I have at least 2 cores for each course.

Holly says thanks to Kevin for this post.
Old 09-04-2008 at 11:53 PM   #9
Holly

Oh! Thanks a lot... No need for me to be worried then All of my other classes for the entire year are one core, one tutorial... I guess I got lucky.