MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scholarship R.M.D First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-27-2013 01:33 PM
Scholarship still possible? sarah2874 Financial Aid 0 10-30-2012 11:31 PM
How do I get my scholarship? cmkc109 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-08-2012 12:54 PM
How likely do u get scholarship? bkkk_5 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 04-30-2011 09:31 PM
in-course scholarship? wjd1dud First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 04-29-2011 12:55 AM

Scholarship

Old 06-13-2016 at 12:13 PM   #1
camillab

Liked: 0 Times

Scholarship
Hey guys!

Are scholarships based off final average? or admission average?
Old 06-13-2016 at 12:27 PM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

It was admission average, but I guess it depends on the scholarship.
Old 06-13-2016 at 04:18 PM   #3
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

If you're talking about the automatic entrance scholarships those are based off of your final average.
Old 06-13-2016 at 10:44 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperious View Post
If you're talking about the automatic entrance scholarships those are based off of your final average.
Has this changed?
Because when I got the automatic entrance scholarship, it was definitely based off of my admissions average, as was my residence application - my admissions average was just a shade over 95%, but my overall average was a bit lower, so it definitely made a difference.
Old 06-13-2016 at 11:03 PM   #5
Imperious

I just remember that when I got my offer I was in the nineties but my final average in June was in the high eighties and I ended up getting the scholarship for the 85-89% range. I think only residence uses your admission average because the application deadline for rooms is June 1st and most high schoolers don't get their final marks till much later
Old 06-14-2016 at 11:16 AM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperious View Post
I just remember that when I got my offer I was in the nineties but my final average in June was in the high eighties and I ended up getting the scholarship for the 85-89% range. I think only residence uses your admission average because the application deadline for rooms is June 1st and most high schoolers don't get their final marks till much later
Hm, for me the exact opposite happened with the entrance scholarship. I was above 95%, then dropped a bit below, but still got the >95% scholarship since this was offered to me before final grades came out.
Old 06-15-2016 at 02:24 AM   #7
camillab

Liked: 0 Times

On the offer letter i got it says "final admission average for the program". I'm not completely sure if it means the midterm marks or final.
Old 06-15-2016 at 12:43 PM   #8
Imperious

Quote:
Originally Posted by camillab View Post
On the offer letter i got it says "final admission average for the program". I'm not completely sure if it means the midterm marks or final.
It's the final marks.