MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
elective course for the first-year?? Sandra Shan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 06-11-2010 10:20 AM
easy social science/ humanities as an elective? ae1011 Academics 19 06-07-2010 10:03 PM
First Year Eng. Elective? What was yours? blackdragon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 44 05-17-2010 02:02 PM
Med Phyis 1E03 needed for Life Science mcmastergcdb First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 01-01-2010 03:21 PM
Science 1e03 dlum First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-02-2009 04:01 PM

SCIENCE 1E03 --- first year elective?

Old 06-27-2010 at 12:10 AM   #1
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

SCIENCE 1E03 --- first year elective?
I was wondering if SCIENCE 1E03 was a gud elective with the combination of Eng CO-OP 1 courses.

If not PLS PLS PLS PLS respond. I don't want to take a course where i have to do more
than i need to! And this is the only elective i found interesting among the rest in the list. And there's one more to go. The reason for choosing SCIENVE 1E03 was
bcoz it was pertaining to science and less of facts you cram in ur head like philosophy or religion)

pls help the day is tomm!!!
Old 06-27-2010 at 03:29 PM   #2
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Yes will someone please also answer this. Im also doing Engineering, and this course really interested me but I cant find any course reviews.

Also, if Science 1e03 is cross listed with Med Pyhs 1E03 and the science version is full, can i register for med physics ?
Old 06-27-2010 at 03:49 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Anything sciency usually isn't good for an elective... but it really depends and with 3 lectures per week, that looks like a technical elective.

You're in engineering 1?
Old 06-27-2010 at 04:17 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
Anything sciency usually isn't good for an elective...
Maybe for you, but there are some people that enjoy science and can do well in the courses. Everyone has different strengths and interests and they should pick their courses accordingly.
Old 06-27-2010 at 05:04 PM   #5
_Mike

Liked: 8 Times

Although I was only in the class for a week, I would say that this wouldn't be too bad of an elective choice, but also not a great one. The course didn't appear to be a ton of work and didn't seem overly difficult. Refer to a previous post of mine for more information: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea... 57#post142557

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Maybe for you, but there are some people that enjoy science and can do well in the courses. Everyone has different strengths and interests and they should pick their courses accordingly.
I see your point, but if you already gave a math/science-heavy schedule, I agree that a science elective isn't a great idea. For me, I like science and do well in science courses, but I need some variety. University is about exploring your interests, so you should just take something you find really interesting and give it a shot. I think there are easier, more interesting classes you could take, but that's just my opinion.
Old 06-27-2010 at 07:50 PM   #6
cddbc

Liked: 0 Times

I dont think engineers can take Science 1E03 as an elective.
http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/documents/Electives2008.pdf