MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health Science (2009) lorend Academics 14 09-14-2009 08:04 AM
Arts and Science (2009) lorend Academics 2 08-05-2009 03:52 PM
Social Science (2009) lorend Academics 1 06-07-2009 03:29 AM
Science Society Elections, 2009 temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 4 02-09-2009 11:43 AM

Science (2009).

Old 06-08-2009 at 05:56 PM   #16
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Science rocks! I'm also going to be a Sci-Co for Welcome Week so I am super excited. I can't make the camping trip though because of SRA training that weekend. :( There better be more Sci-Co events! Oh and did I mention how super excited I am about Welcome Week?
Old 06-08-2009 at 06:00 PM   #17
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

That's amazing!!!

I'm so glad to hear you guys are so excited. Usually what happens because you guys only have a limited amount of time with your faculty reps (which is lame because you're with your residence for one year and with your faculty for 4) is that the scicos plan out the routine, props, and everything and then the first years learn the routine the night before. It would be amazing to be able to turn this around and get more first year involvement in science air bands from the get go!! PM me if you would like the contact info in order to get more involved with air bands!!

This was last year's airbands..

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...043 05&ref=mf

And this one is from 2007 (I believe it came in second out of all of the faculties but I'm not sure?):

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...531508501 267

We always use a ton of props.. there are rules that go along with air bands but you'd get all that later when you're on the contact list
Old 06-08-2009 at 06:06 PM   #18
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino View Post
Science rocks! I'm also going to be a Sci-Co for Welcome Week so I am super excited. I can't make the camping trip though because of SRA training that weekend. :( There better be more Sci-Co events! Oh and did I mention how super excited I am about Welcome Week?

That's sucky that you can't make it to camping... SCICO CAMPING IS AMAZING. I've been to both weekends and camping was more of a winner in my mind hahaha (despite getting the worst sunburn of my life) but maybe that's because I <3 scicoing so much more than anything else!

I'll be there for WW and then off to another country!! WOOOO there long enough to spread the <3 for science.
Old 06-08-2009 at 06:15 PM   #19
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

I know! I'm totally depressed about the fact that I won't be able to make it. I'm currently using my science knowledge about genetics to clone myself. Perhaps then I'll be able to attend both events. I can't waiiiit for Welcome Week! I'm worried my poor heart won't be able to take all the excitement.
Old 06-08-2009 at 08:50 PM   #20
jade177

Liked: 8 Times

Welcome Kin kids! (and I guess other science kids too :p)
I just wanted to mention that kin faculty day is epic.
Last year, we were so epic that we set a football field and football blocking sleds on fire (no joke...theres pictures somewhere...fire trucks came and everything!
Blue paint becomes your friend on kin day. It's epic. Wear the blue proudly!

If any Kin kids for next year have any questions or anything, feel free to ask me
Old 06-08-2009 at 11:29 PM   #21
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Haha I remember for my Kin welcome day, they ran out of "Just Blitzed" plain white shirts, so I was SOL...when the Blue Blitz began, I got the hell outta that bike shop. lol

Lots of fun...it was also to only time I ever wore a bra and panties (on top of my clothes mind you) for a relay race / obstacle course, and discovered what it meant to be an A cup.

That and ultimate frisbee FTW!
Old 07-15-2009 at 05:50 PM   #22
crys.eg

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
Spiffy indeed!

If you're entering in first year this year, you can compete to be a superfrosh. There is one guy and one girl superfrosh each year!! YAAY SUPERFROSH!! You can also apply to be a first year representative with the Science Society. Elections for this position happen in September.

If you're an upper year, you apply to be a science welcome week representative or "sci-co." Applications for this occur in late February/March. If you're selected, you have to go through training which happens in late March/April. So unfortunately, now, it's too late to sign up to be a scico for this upcoming welcome week. If you do find yourself in this boat but still want to be involved, I just put forward an idea with the current planners and I'm going to see what they say. I'll post it here when I get a response.

I <3 Sci-coing!!!

Are there reps for students living off campus?
And if soo, can you be both a, SCIENCE & OFF CAMPUS rep?
Old 07-15-2009 at 06:24 PM   #23
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crys.eg View Post

Are there reps for students living off campus?
And if soo, can you be both a, SCIENCE & OFF CAMPUS rep?
Yes, there are reps living off campus. Not sure about your second question though.
Old 07-15-2009 at 06:40 PM   #24
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Yup, you can definitely do both. I am going to be both a Sci-Co and a Maroon Rep for Welcome Week.

SCI SCI COSINE SCI, 3.14159!
Old 07-15-2009 at 06:41 PM   #25
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Yup, you can definitely do both. I am going to be both a Sci-Co and a Maroon Rep for Welcome Week.

SCI SCI COSINE SCI, 3.14159!
I always thought it was "Sine Sine Cosine Sine, 3.14159"...
Old 07-15-2009 at 06:48 PM   #26
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I always thought it was "Sine Sine Cosine Sine, 3.14159"...
It is...

Old 07-15-2009 at 06:58 PM   #27
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

See, I always thought it was "Sine Sine Cosine Sine, 3.14159" but then the other day I saw one of the old Cheer threads where a Sci-Co posted that it's "Sci Sci Cosine Sci 3.14159" so I thought I was wrong haha. It's sad because I should know this...
Old 07-15-2009 at 07:03 PM   #28
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
See, I always thought it was "Sine Sine Cosine Sine, 3.14159" but then the other day I saw one of the old Cheer threads where a Sci-Co posted that it's "Sci Sci Cosine Sci 3.14159" so I thought I was wrong haha. It's sad because I should know this...
Yeah, I have no idea what it should be. but I think it would make more sense for it to be "Sine", it's math and it rhymes better with "nine"
Old 07-15-2009 at 07:06 PM   #29
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Yeah, that does make more sense.
Old 07-15-2009 at 07:58 PM   #30
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Study these!

Sine Sine Cosine Sine 3.14159!

Sine Sine Cosine Sine! Show me yours, I'll show you mine! (PJ Parade version)

LABCOATS they never get dirty
The longer you wear them
The stronger they get
Sometimes I think I should wash it
But something keeps telling me
No no not yet not yet not yet not yet...

Scicos we like to get naked!
The longer we're naked
The harder we get.
Sometimes we want to put clothes on
But something keeps telling us
No no not yet not yet not yet not yet...

Long Science!
SCIIIIEEENNNCEE!
Short Science
SCIENCE!
En Francais
SEE-ENCE!

to the Engineers when they start to razz us:

"Oooompa Looompa! Oooompa Loompa!" *repeat indefinitely* (because they're the oompa loompas of science)

You are you are you are you are you are the Engineers
You can you can you can you can demolish forty beers
But then you get a beer belly and scare off all the girls
So I'd rather be a scico and then take over the world!

Give me an S!
..S!
Give me a C
..C!
Give me an I!
..I!
Give me an E!
..E!
Give me an N!
..N!
Give me a C!
..C!
Give me an E!
..E!
What does that spell?
..AMAZING!
HEY, WE'RE IN SCIENCE FOR A REASON!

Evolution, THAT'S MADNESS!
No, THIS IS SCIENCE! Awwhoo!
(also feel free to substitute your own favourite scientific theory)

Shift it to the Left!
Shift it to the Right!
Come on equilibrium,
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

We're naked! We're naked! (during pj parade, scicos go 'au natural' under the labcoats)

Scientists: We don't let philosophy come between friends!
Hummers: We don't let calculus come between friends!
*repeat*
Humani-Science Alliance

Last edited by temara.brown : 07-15-2009 at 08:01 PM.

crys.eg, jhan523, u.yousaf like this.