MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health Science (2009) lorend Academics 14 09-14-2009 08:04 AM
Arts and Science (2009) lorend Academics 2 08-05-2009 03:52 PM
Social Science (2009) lorend Academics 1 06-07-2009 03:29 AM
Science Society Elections, 2009 temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 4 02-09-2009 11:43 AM

Science (2009).

Old 07-15-2009 at 08:01 PM   #31
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

I heard at Welcome Week that the Health Sci students scream "You didn't get in" or something like that to the Science students. Is that true? lol... I'm not in either faculty, just wondering.
Old 07-15-2009 at 08:12 PM   #32
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crys.eg View Post
Are there reps for students living off campus?
And if soo, can you be both a, SCIENCE & OFF CAMPUS rep?
Yes to both questions! The best part about the Science rep outfit is that it's a labcoat and so you can wear your socs uniform and labcoat!

crys.eg says thanks to temara.brown for this post.

crys.eg likes this.
Old 07-15-2009 at 08:16 PM   #33
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I heard at Welcome Week that the Health Sci students scream "You didn't get in" or something like that to the Science students. Is that true? lol... I'm not in either faculty, just wondering.
Ya they've done that. So have the engineers... Then a lot of students will just say, "Sorry, I didn't apply! Sorry, I didn't apply!" or something of the like..

I've never approved that cheer. I'm fine with the "you don't make friends with Science" (it's a Simpsons reference...) but some people actually did apply to these programs and didn't get in. So, using these cheers are just lame.
Old 07-15-2009 at 08:19 PM   #34
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
Ya they've done that. So have the engineers... Then a lot of students will just say, "Sorry, I didn't apply! Sorry, I didn't apply!" or something of the like..

I've never approved that cheer. I'm fine with the "you don't make friends with Science" (it's a Simpsons reference...) but some people actually did apply to these programs and didn't get in. So, using these cheers are just lame.
LOL, that's funny

I don't know why the engineers do it though because you need a higher average to get into Science.
Old 07-15-2009 at 08:39 PM   #35
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

you do now? It was the opposite before.
Old 07-15-2009 at 08:40 PM   #36
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
LOL, that's funny

I don't know why the engineers do it though because you need a higher average to get into Science.
There's lots of "unsanctioned" cheers which, in my opinion, are just for fun. I won't put them up here; you'll have the opportunity to learn some in due time. The "sorry you didn't get in" cheer is lame though.
Old 07-15-2009 at 11:11 PM   #37
Joseph

Liked: 132 Times

Quote:
Quote:

Wow, that is pretty mean... lol

Old 07-15-2009 at 11:19 PM   #38
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
"you don't make friends with Science"
LOL

My way of dealing with a 'faculty burn' is "Just wait till you need help with your homework" or something of the like. I said it by accident once and it got some laughs.

temara.brown likes this.
Old 07-23-2009 at 07:12 PM   #39
olivem8

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
yes it is true !! LMFAO it was kind of humiliating but all in good fun