The Secret Files (Part 1) Chad The Secret Files 24 07-31-2009 02:49 PM
The Secret Files Part 4 Chad The Secret Files 2 07-03-2008 12:31 AM
The Secret Files (Part 2) Chad The Secret Files 10 06-17-2008 12:21 AM
The Secret Files (Part 3) Chad The Secret Files 9 08-11-2007 10:47 AM
The Secret Files (Part 3) Chad General Discussion 5 08-04-2007 11:20 PM

The Secret Files Part Six: PC Financial

The Secret Files Part Six: PC Financial

By Chad Fullerton, MACINSIDERS

Want to bank with no fees? Want free checks to pay the rent for off-campus housing? How about points to go towards free groceries as well as the ability to withdraw money from the CIBC machine on campus without ATM fees? As a student, your answer should be somewhere along the lines of "of course!". This article in The Secret Files series is going to cover PC Financial, a banking option that you should definitely consider given the many benefits as a student.

PC Financial operates under CIBC, a well-known bank. They have a chequing account (known as the no-fee account), a saving account, and a credit card. To set up an account or get the credit card you just have to go to the Fortinos down on Main Street and there is a PC Financial booth with staff that can tell you more about the options you have.

If you open a new PC Financial banking account you get great advantages such as the no-fee banking, and every time that you use your debit card to purchase groceries at Fortinos you'll get 5 points for every dollar you spend. These can then later be redeemed for a discount on groceries you buy later on once you've saved up enough points. If you get the credit card you get 10 points for every dollar spent. Also, on occassion President's Choice will give you special discounts and bonuses if you buy their products or use an eco-friendly bag when doing your grocery shopping.

I've just recently opened an account, but know friends and co-workers who use PC Financial and love it. It's surprising I haven't heard about it for the three years I've been at Mac! Read more at http://www.pcfinancial.ca

summer says thanks to Chad for this post.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 09-11-2008 at 08:49 AM   #2
summer
Program: Biology
Year: Other

Liked: 1 Time
I've had a PC Fiancial account for over 9 years now, and they are awesome! I have converted a few of my friends to them as well... The points system is fabulous.... I've had a few months worth of free groceries jsut from my points! Definately a great account for students.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 09-21-2008 at 09:03 PM   #3
webzn
Program: Science
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 17 Times
I highly recommend people use PC. I have been using them for almost three years after having been under RoyalBank and Scotia for, who knows how long. Its a world of difference. They consistantly have the highest interest rates which is great.

Just in regards to the bonus points, currently, they are offering 50 PCpoints for using their eco bags, and up to 3x (30 points) per dollar for specifically marked products.

Article Tools