MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Muss to Google Mail phone app ?? M1234 General Discussion 10 02-27-2012 06:25 PM
Need Help Re: McMaster E-Mail VastHorizon Computers & Tech 3 09-05-2010 07:05 PM
McMaster E-mail Lilylune First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-11-2010 06:52 AM
McMaster E-Mail Q Goce General Discussion 2 05-19-2009 01:08 AM
Setting up McMaster e-mail with entourage/outlook MightyMan General Discussion 2 09-05-2008 07:34 AM

Setting Up Your McMaster E-mail On Your Phone

Old 07-23-2012 at 12:16 PM   #15
anonanon987
Power Abuser
Program: Business Informatics
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 461 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
I can send emails from my McMaster account from my main gmail account.
When the old e-mail system was in place, I had all of my e-mails being forwarded to my hotmail account but also retaining a copy in the old e-mail system. Ever since the migration, the e-mails get forwarded to my hotmail account but a copy isn't retained in my GMail account making it annoying to reply back to professors and so on. I can't for the life of me, find the option for e-mail forwarding in my GMail account for my McMaster e-mail. Is there an option that I just simply cannot find/see or will I have to get UTS to remove that option for me manually?

EDIT:
UTS removed it and will be in effect starting tomorrow.

Last edited by anonanon987 : 07-23-2012 at 12:34 PM.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 07-23-2012 at 02:35 PM   #16
blackdragon
Elite Member
Program: Electrical Engineering
Year: Alumni
Residence: Matthews Hall '08-'09

Liked: 339 Times
If you use GMAIL as your primary account, go to settings -> accounts & imports -> and look for "Send mail as:" and simply add in your @mcmaster.ca email, or any other email address you have
Old 08-03-2012 at 08:34 AM   #17
Andrew A
Elite Member
Program: Computer Science

Liked: 80 Times
Yes, I know you can do that, but AFAIK that only works with the web client, which I never use. Whether or not you choose to accept it, these IMAP settings do have a use...
Old 08-24-2012 at 10:51 PM   #18
smallthings
Program: Life Science
Year: Second

Liked: 1 Time
I'm trying to set it up on my iPhone right now but it doesn't work. It says the pass for the incoming isn't right? Any ideas what the problem is? :(
Old 08-26-2012 at 11:00 AM   #19
smallthings
Program: Life Science
Year: Second

Liked: 1 Time
What's the username and password for that incoming server?
Old 08-26-2012 at 02:10 PM   #20
Andrew A
Elite Member
Program: Computer Science

Liked: 80 Times
I think it should just be the same as your MacID (ie what you use to log in to MUGSI).

smallthings says thanks to Andrew A for this post.

Article Tools