MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Residence Application - Triple twinsora Residence & Housing 1 07-31-2011 07:30 PM
TRIPLE Minor? britb Academics 17 06-18-2010 04:52 PM
Triple Rooms & Co-ed? Sweetie321 Residence & Housing 27 03-19-2009 06:06 PM
Triple Rooms in Residence Jayuna Residence & Housing 2 07-04-2008 08:18 PM
Triple Room Request omzar First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-25-2008 02:52 PM

Should I do a triple minor?

Old 01-11-2012 at 05:00 PM   #1
dg1000

Liked: 0 Times

Should I do a triple minor?
Should I do a triple minor? I am only one course behind, but if I take that course I would have another lab for the term.... It's my final year and I don't know if I can return to it after I graduate....
Old 01-11-2012 at 05:12 PM   #2
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

In which three and what to you want to do?
Old 01-11-2012 at 05:15 PM   #3
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

When did you have the time to do this? Assuming you do take this course, this would mean you spent 72 units in electives, which seems insane.

Am I missing something?
Old 01-11-2012 at 05:37 PM   #4
Sabid

Liked: 20 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
When did you have the time to do this? Assuming you do take this course, this would mean you spent 72 units in electives, which seems insane.

Am I missing something?
I believe cross-listed courses can apply to each respective minor. I could be wrong, though.
Old 01-11-2012 at 06:13 PM   #5
dg1000

I have taken a lot of courses in Environmental Science and Religious Studies....

My major is Life Science, and right now I only need Geog 1HA3 or 1HB3 for my Environmental Studies minor. However, I have already completed my Environmental Science minor and on the verge of completing my Religious Studies Minor....

I am enrolled into a number of Rel Stu courses that assures me the minor, but I don't know if I should also take up a course from Geog for that 3rd minor....

It's my final year, btw.

A lot of my courses overlap in the science faculty, hence.

Last edited by dg1000 : 01-11-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Adding text
Old 01-11-2012 at 06:17 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1000 View Post
I have taken a lot of courses in Environmental Science and Religious Studies....

My major is Life Science, and right now I only need Geog 1HA3 or 1HB3 for my Environmental Studies minor. However, I have already completed my Environmental Science minor and on the verge of completing my Religious Studies Minor....

I am enrolled into a number of Rel Stu courses that assures me the minor, but I don't know if I should also take up a course from Geog for that 3rd minor....

It's my final year, btw.
This is really a question of 'what does having a minor in geology mean to a potential employer'. What do you plan to do and do you really think they care if you minored in religion and geo?
Old 01-11-2012 at 06:20 PM   #7
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabid View Post
I believe cross-listed courses can apply to each respective minor. I could be wrong, though.
But when you sign up for a cross-listed course, you have to choose under what faculty you're taking it. For instance, 1CS3 is cross-listed as an English course and as a Culture Studies class, but you have to pick one. I don't think a clas can count twice. That'd be like cheating.
Old 01-11-2012 at 06:27 PM   #8
dg1000

@RyanC
I was thinking of going into Teachers College, so a bit more interest in other subjects means I can teach more than just science courses and also allow me to teach a bit of religion and geography. Or, am I wrong?

@lizziepizzie
No, it doesn't seem to have a conflict with cross-listed courses when I check the degree requirements. Even if cross-listed, I still have another course to take its place.

Last edited by dg1000 : 01-11-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Indicate respective authors
Old 01-11-2012 at 06:37 PM   #9
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

I would do it. Not many people have triple minors. It will look good to potential employers; it shows you have motivation.
Old 01-11-2012 at 06:41 PM   #10
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1000 View Post
@RyanC
I was thinking of going into Teachers College, so a bit more interest in other subjects means I can teach more than just science courses and also allow me to teach a bit of religion and geography. Or, am I wrong?

@lizziepizzie
No, it doesn't seem to have a conflict with cross-listed courses when I check the degree requirements. Even if cross-listed, I still have another course to take its place.
Well in that case its worth it. I'd take the course, and finish off your lab and maybe a few other interesting courses, provided you're employed for next semester (prolonging OSAP interest from starting before you go into teacher's college)