MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Single rooms Mich123 Wallingford Hall Forum 12 05-09-2010 09:36 PM
Single v. Single with Washroom. etoilex3 Residence & Housing 17 02-09-2010 11:02 AM
residence guarantee lbqjenny Residence & Housing 4 05-25-2009 12:13 AM

single bed guarantee

Old 06-01-2011 at 09:21 PM   #1
zeiarra

Liked: 0 Times

single bed guarantee
Hi! I'm filling out the residence application, and was wondering about the 95% Single Bed Guarantee. On the website, it says that:
  • Students who achieve a 95.0% admissions average** (at the response deadline) for their program qualify for a single bed space in any one of our residence buildings.
  • Students with this guarantee may also choose a double, triple, bunk & loft, or quad room instead.

So does that mean that if you have Double Bed with Washroom as your first choice and you have a 95% average, you are guaranteed to have that choice? Or does the guarantee only apply to single rooms? The former is implied in the second bullet.. but I'm not too sure because I heard that this guarantee only applies to single rooms.

Thanks so much!!!
Old 06-01-2011 at 09:32 PM   #2
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Well, most rooms are double, and trip+ are somewhat undesirable, so that wouldn't be hard to "guarantee"....

but it doesn't say anything about washrooms. So I would say No. There aren't many residences with an abundance double+washroom rooms....

In my first year in residence I just had a double in brandon, and I actually found (since I was often studying in my room) that I met a lot of girls on my floor by casually chatting in the washroom while brushing teeth etc.... It helps you get out of your room and be more social for sure!

zeiarra says thanks to micadjems for this post.
Old 06-01-2011 at 10:04 PM   #3
allstarme

Liked: 17 Times

I believe you're guaranteed your first choice. Les Prince is only has rooms with washroom (I think) so if you put double with washroom first and you're guaranteed the room, chances are you're getting LP

also I definitely agree with meeting a lot of the people on your floor because of the communal washrooms!

zeiarra says thanks to allstarme for this post.

micadjems likes this.
Old 06-01-2011 at 10:11 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarme View Post
I believe you're guaranteed your first choice. Les Prince is only has rooms with washroom (I think) so if you put double with washroom first and you're guaranteed the room, chances are you're getting LP

also I definitely agree with meeting a lot of the people on your floor because of the communal washrooms!
There are some singles with washroom spread throughout the different residences that aren't for CA's, but they're very few. Also, having the 95%+ guarantees you a single not your first choice per se, so not necessarily one with washroom.

zeiarra says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 06-01-2011 at 10:48 PM   #5
Bug324

Liked: 25 Times

As far as I know, the only thing not guaranteed is a suite or apartment. With everything else, it is guaranteed. At least that's what the email about it implied. If your average is over 95%, they should have sent you an email, too. I think they advertise it as a single room guarantee, since most >95 probably want their own room for quiet studying, but other options are definitely available, except, as I said, suite and apartment. At least I hope so, since I also put double w/ washroom as my first choice.
Old 06-02-2011 at 10:01 PM   #6
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

When I got it, I was guaranteed a single room and that was it, and in order to take advantage of this I had to put the first x number of choices as single rooms in various buildings. Putting any other room type in my top x choices invalidated my single room guarantee. Doing this would guarantee me a single room SOMEWHERE, but not necessarily in the building I wanted. It's entirely possible things have changed though, since they don't let you pick buildings any more, just room type.
Old 06-02-2011 at 10:05 PM   #7
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

nerual, too late, the deadline passed.