MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Every... Single... Class... Full...? Sintos Academics 20 06-23-2010 01:03 PM
Single with washroom/ international house - worth it? ktc11 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-18-2010 04:54 PM
Single rooms Mich123 Wallingford Hall Forum 12 05-09-2010 09:36 PM
Single Room saigalhz Residence & Housing 10 06-01-2009 12:15 AM
Single Room-Residence? kenvin100 Residence & Housing 20 05-14-2008 10:59 PM

Single v. Single with Washroom.

Old 02-08-2010 at 07:55 PM   #1
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Single v. Single with Washroom.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! =)
Would anyone recommend one over the other?
Thanks!!
Old 02-08-2010 at 07:57 PM   #2
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

and what's 2bdroom apt1 bathroom thing or w/e it says?

I recommend Single with washroom because your name is etoilex3 which is practically the word toilet. and... you'd get your own washroom that you wouldn't have to share... (unless you want to pay less, check out the price differences, if there are any??)
Old 02-08-2010 at 07:57 PM   #3
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoilex3 View Post
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! =)
Would anyone recommend one over the other?
Thanks!!
Single w/ washroom seems quite difficult to get, it doesnt seem like there are many of these but it's definitley worth a try. I would recommend putting single w/ washroom higher on your preference list than single.

having a washroom would be great, in my opinion. it makes things so much easier, however you will have to clean it yourself which can be a downside for some.
Old 02-08-2010 at 07:59 PM   #4
macculkin

Liked: 5 Times

i think it's worth it to pay the extra to have your own washroom. that way, you won't have to have scheduled showers and you can keep it as clean as you'd like and not have to worry about other people's messes and when they want to use it.
Old 02-08-2010 at 08:00 PM   #5
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

I had single w. washroom in 2nd year. That shit was awesome, bathroom was bigger than most people's room !
Old 02-08-2010 at 08:00 PM   #6
andrew22
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
I had single w. washroom in 2nd year. That shit was awesome, bathroom was bigger than most people's room !
do you live in a wheelchair btw? where was this?
Old 02-08-2010 at 08:01 PM   #7
etoilex3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post
Single w/ washroom seems quite difficult to get, it doesnt seem like there are many of these but it's definitley worth a try. I would recommend putting single w/ washroom higher on your preference list than single.

having a washroom would be great, in my opinion. it makes things so much easier, however you will have to clean it yourself which can be a downside for some.
yea..that's what i was thinking!I've only heard of singles with washrooms in LP, not sure if they are anywhere else.

Thank you everyone for the advice!
Old 02-08-2010 at 08:04 PM   #8
Fight0
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
do you live in a wheelchair btw? where was this?
Nah, I'm just a prince. Was at Hedden.
Old 02-08-2010 at 08:07 PM   #9
andrew22
Account Locked

Im a prince too!!1 where Do i include that in the app?
Old 02-08-2010 at 08:09 PM   #10
Fight0
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
Im a prince too!!1 where Do i include that in the app?
Mac already knows if what you're saying is true. Since I'm a prince they approach me monthly for donations.
Old 02-08-2010 at 08:46 PM   #11
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

I'm currently living in Fight0's old room Singles with washrooms are awesome.

The vast majority of them are in LP but there are a few throughout the traditional residence buildings. Getting one outside of LP is very difficult because there are so few. The ones outside of LP are generally much bigger though.
Old 02-08-2010 at 08:53 PM   #12
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

I think having a single with washroom would be great. The washrooms they have in Hedden that are single occupancy but outside of your room are great as a secondary choice but you can't list building preference on the applications anymore.

That said the public style washrooms aren't so bad. In first year I lived in Hedden so it was the single occupancy washrooms that are cleaned by the cleaning staff, win. In second year though I ended up in Whidden and they only have the single occupancy washrooms on the first floor. The rest of the building is public style washrooms and before I moved in I was not really keen on this but it wasn't so bad really. You don't have to "schedule showers," at least from my experience you can get a shower whenever you want one. You don't have to clean the washroom or provide your own toilet paper or pay extra which is good. Its not as private but if you don't want to spend the extra money its not the end of the world to have to share a bathroom. You get used to it.
Old 02-08-2010 at 09:01 PM   #13
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by macculkin View Post
i think it's worth it to pay the extra to have your own washroom. that way, you won't have to have scheduled showers and you can keep it as clean as you'd like and not have to worry about other people's messes and when they want to use it.
Ive never had to schedule my showers. THeres always one when I have to go. No mater what time of day it is. Also, the showers here are fairly clean. They get cleaned every day.
Old 02-08-2010 at 10:03 PM   #14
etoilex3

Are the singles with washrooms in LP mostly first year?
Are the single rooms in other residences scattered near each other or random?
What would be the best bet for ending up around some upper years instead of ONLY first years?
Old 02-08-2010 at 10:49 PM   #15
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

since you are placed randomly, you will be surrounded by first years.
think about it, 80% of the residences are for first years