MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FCE and Residence moonlitnight First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 03-21-2010 01:35 PM
Residence Rep loats14 Residence & Housing 6 01-27-2010 04:14 PM
Residence saigalhz General Discussion 13 04-10-2009 09:44 AM
Residence 09/10 FJEAN Residence & Housing 6 01-28-2009 11:46 PM
The Residence Flu katie_batt General Discussion 9 09-19-2008 12:27 PM

residence guarantee

Old 05-24-2009 at 11:41 PM   #1
lbqjenny

Liked: 0 Times

residence guarantee
Hey guys, i submitted my diposit for residence a few days ago. i wonder when i can get the residence guarantee and know which building i'll live in and how many people are there in one room? (i've enrolled in mac)

and question 2, when should i submit tuition fee? At the beginning of Sep??Where i can read these important dates in website?

Thank you all in advance, i really appreciate everyone!!!!:drinking 08:
Old 05-24-2009 at 11:54 PM   #2
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Hey there,

In regards to residence, here's a link that lists all the important dates:

http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...ant_Dates.html

In terms of tuition payment... Once you've selected your courses, you'll be required to complete a payment agreement. With the payment agreement, you will be able to chose when and how you pay your tuition.

Here are the dates for Level 1 course selection:

Monday, June 29 Level 1 Engineering, Health Sciences, Nursing
Tuesday, June 30 Level 1 Business, Humanities
Thursday, July 2 Level 1 Arts & Science, Social Sciences
Friday, July 3 Level 1 Science

I hope this helps!
~KS

lbqjenny, xxsumz all say thanks to Kevin S for this post.
Old 05-24-2009 at 11:58 PM   #3
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

It depends on what type of room you end up getting. Remember, the entire process is lottery based so you may end up living in anything from a double room, triple room, apartment (4 students) or suite (4 students). You'll find out about your residence assignment and your roommate(s) sometime during the end of June/beginning of July.
As for the fees, you will have to complete the Payment Agreement first. Remember, if you're using OSAP as a payment method, you have to complete your OSAP application by July 19. The Payment Agreement should be available sometime in June or July, once you gain access to SOLAR. Deadlines haven't been set yet but they'll most likely let you know more info about the entire payment process.

Last edited by nino : 05-25-2009 at 12:00 AM.

lbqjenny says thanks to Nino for this post.
Old 05-25-2009 at 12:08 AM   #4
lbqjenny

Liked: 0 Times

Thank you for your help!!! i have another question: Do you guys know when i can read the 2009-2010 calendar on website?
Old 05-25-2009 at 12:13 AM   #5
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Yup, here's the link to the McMaster Undergraduate Calendar 2009-2010:

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calendar/current/

~KS

lbqjenny, xxsumz all say thanks to Kevin S for this post.