MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TekSavvy Cable! blackdragon Computers & Tech 26 06-25-2010 03:26 PM
TekSavvy elvindsouza Computers & Tech 36 02-24-2010 07:24 AM
ELM - Slow and lags lux Academics 90 09-15-2009 07:50 AM
Slow Internet? J-Met General Discussion 6 01-24-2009 10:55 AM
Slow LAN Speeds for DC++ BHChew First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-08-2008 11:43 PM

Slow teksavvy

Old 01-07-2011 at 11:20 PM   #1
eric_3490

Liked: 7 Times

Slow teksavvy
Anybody else having issues with teksavvy right now? It has been unbearably slow for me the past few days, I just did a speedtest and the results are ridiculous.

Old 01-07-2011 at 11:36 PM   #2
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_3490 View Post
Anybody else having issues with teksavvy right now? It has been unbearably slow for me the past few days, I just did a speedtest and the results are ridiculous.
Have you sent an email to them inquiring about the lag? It's probably much more prudent than asking around here as they might just be doing server upgrades or routine maintenance that would account for the loss in speed.
Old 01-08-2011 at 12:00 AM   #3
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

never had problem with teksavvy. 99.9% of the time it is your fault. i.e bad modem, broken line , downloading too much.

since your up speed looks good for a dsl line i'd say you have a lot of active downloads running or the network is set up improperly.
Old 01-08-2011 at 12:33 AM   #4
gregster

Liked: 0 Times

Reset your modem first.
Old 01-08-2011 at 01:05 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Didn't you get the e-mail about the maintenance? They said following the maintenance to reset your modem. I had the exact problem.
Old 01-08-2011 at 02:34 PM   #6
eric_3490

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Didn't you get the e-mail about the maintenance? They said following the maintenance to reset your modem. I had the exact problem.
I didn't know about that because the email went to my housemate, but I reset it now and its better.

Old 01-08-2011 at 03:57 PM   #7
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Anyone know when TSI Cable will be in Hamilton? I'm getting raped by Cogeco's bandwidth caps.
Old 01-08-2011 at 04:02 PM   #8
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnguishedEnd View Post
Anyone know when TSI Cable will be in Hamilton? I'm getting raped by Cogeco's bandwidth caps.
Same I hate Cogeco. We are paying like $120 a month.
Old 01-09-2011 at 10:39 PM   #9
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

Just moved to Mississauga and am enjoying my sweet sweet SB6120 & Teksavvy Extreme cable. FYI

xxsumz likes this.
Old 01-14-2011 at 09:55 AM   #10
collymolotov

Liked: 15 Times

TekSavvy sucks in hamilton. you should have done your research before signing on and should *really* think hard about why you want ungodly DSL in this end of hamilton. the further you are from the bell server in the meadowlands (ancaster) the slower speed you get.

TekSavvy cable will never be in Hamilton. The began rolling out cable in 2007 and have made very little progress outside rich spoiled toronto suburbs. hamilton is not on their priority list, with its aging infrastructure. look for places closer to the GTA to get it years before we do.

no, we're still stuck being raped by cogeco as our best option for decent internet service.
Old 01-14-2011 at 09:58 AM   #11
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by collymolotov View Post
TekSavvy sucks in hamilton. you should have done your research before signing on and should *really* think hard about why you want ungodly DSL in this end of hamilton. the further you are from the bell server in the meadowlands (ancaster) the slower speed you get.

TekSavvy cable will never be in Hamilton. The began rolling out cable in 2007 and have made very little progress outside rich spoiled toronto suburbs. hamilton is not on their priority list, with its aging infrastructure. look for places closer to the GTA to get it years before we do.

no, we're still stuck being raped by cogeco as our best option for decent internet service.

hmm i get 4.8 down which is just shy of the 5 down that the phone line maxes out at here..... plus I pay 31.95 a month for 200gb bandwidth. Ya teksavvy is actually really good. And if you had done your research teksavvy will be in hamilton soon (for cable).