Smoking up in your Dorm

Old 07-17-2011 at 09:07 PM   #46
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydWitches View Post
@ Jo Wai, its called a grocery bag over the smoke detector, never had a problem
That's considered tampering with the smoke detector and results in a fine if the CA sees it.
Old 07-17-2011 at 09:48 PM   #47
SydWitches
Account Locked

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
That's considered tampering with the smoke detector and results in a fine if the CA sees it.
are you going to invite them to your room and show it to them? and Im not talking about all the time, only for a short period in which the marijuana smoke can set off the alarm.
Old 07-17-2011 at 09:51 PM   #48
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Smoking weed causes aids and horrible deformities, true story.

This public service announcement brought to you by the Useless Poster Guild.

dont smoke and dorm, kids

Deegs14, L'Étoile like this.
Old 07-17-2011 at 10:22 PM   #49
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

how many future dropouts have posted in this thread so far.
Old 07-17-2011 at 10:39 PM   #50
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
All the people I know of who smoke tend to be really smart.

It's the people who drink far too heavily that get messed up. [In my experience at least]

EDIT: Good Song

Last edited by UlteriorMtve : 07-17-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Old 07-17-2011 at 10:45 PM   #51
AKG5

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I really doubt anyone who has posted in this thread will be dropping out anytime soon. As I said earlier it is easy to observe common generalities between people of certain social groups - anyone who has enough interest in school to belong to this forum and post is not the kind of person who is likely to drop out of school. Generalities aside, on an individual level I can assure you that I'm quite intelligent and will not be dropping out of school, thanks for your groundbreaking contribution to the thread!
Old 07-17-2011 at 11:21 PM   #52
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

wow. a guy who gets high cant take a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J. Dorey, L'Étoile like this.
Old 07-17-2011 at 11:59 PM   #53
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Oh my serious face.

I'm going into first year this september like you, and i plan on continuing my habit (albeit probably a lot less than now), but what's wrong with going into the forest and sparking one up there? Why your dorm?
So much risk in your dorm. There is a giant forest behind my res (Bates), that's one of the things i scoped out for. It can't be that difficult to go there, and hey, who can complain, no fire hazard (well, the same amount as cigarettes), and no tampering with fire alarms.

Am i missing something? Does the campus police regularly patrol foliage?
Old 07-18-2011 at 12:04 AM   #54
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
Oh my serious face.

I'm going into first year this september like you, and i plan on continuing my habit (albeit probably a lot less than now), but what's wrong with going into the forest and sparking one up there? Why your dorm?
So much risk in your dorm. There is a giant forest behind my res (Bates), that's one of the things i scoped out for. It can't be that difficult to go there, and hey, who can complain, no fire hazard (well, the same amount as cigarettes), and no tampering with fire alarms.

Well, take the month of December as an example. It would probably be annoying as hell to go out there at a time like that, or in Jan-Feb. Most of the school-year weather is actually quite cold outside. It's probably not the most convenient to jacket-up, put a bunch of stuff on, go down the elevator 5 floors, go outside, light one up and then dip back into your base when (if possible) you could just do it in your room.

But yes, I suppose the main point is that if you have a J or something then it's not a good idea to do it anywhere indoors. With other devices it might be less dangerous and you'd be better off doing it indoors as long as you aren't making some sort of fire hazard.
Old 07-18-2011 at 12:18 AM   #55
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

When did it become a fad to play the tragically misunderstood, moderately intelligent pot head? I did see both Harold and Kumar flicks, but never found the role that appealing.

soltintal likes this.
Old 07-18-2011 at 12:19 AM   #56
fred

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Well, take the month of December as an example. It would probably be annoying as hell to go out there at a time like that, or in Jan-Feb. Most of the school-year weather is actually quite cold outside. It's probably not the most convenient to jacket-up, put a bunch of stuff on, go down the elevator 5 floors, go outside, light one up and then dip back into your base when (if possible) you could just do it in your room.

But yes, I suppose the main point is that if you have a J or something then it's not a good idea to do it anywhere indoors. With other devices it might be less dangerous and you'd be better off doing it indoors as long as you aren't making some sort of fire hazard.
not a big deal to go out and spark a spliff lol, though it is a real pain in the ass if you smoke cigarettes regularly... but thats just something you have to deal with living in rez

yeah vapes are nice, but only really worth it if you are a real pothead (or have money to spend or really dislike more conventional methods). also, security does patrol around occasionally, but i highly doubt they'd do anything if they saw you smoking, unless you look like you're gonna kill someone afterward
Old 07-18-2011 at 03:46 AM   #57
Guido

Liked: 2 Times

Don't get caught; don't be a ****ing moron like all the people who got caught in my residence and burn joints. Joints reek the most, create the most smoke, etc.

Use a pipe or a bong, exhale the smoke directly out your window, or through a fan that's pointing directly out the window. Use a sploof (if you don't know how to make one, you shouldn't be smoking in residence). Buy eyedrops (visine or rhotos) and gum. If you're careful, not even your roommate will notice.

Problem is most people who try to smoke in residence lack common sense. If you're concerned about making it a fire hazard, use a vaporizer...or don't smoke at all

EDIT:

If you do plan on smoking a joint, just go to cootes
Old 07-18-2011 at 04:04 AM   #58
kaitotst

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Smoking weed causes aids and horrible deformities, true story.

This public service announcement brought to you by the Useless Poster Guild.

dont smoke and dorm, kids
On another note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtG4q...eature=related

but yeah, jokes aside, i wouldn't recommend doing it

Last edited by kaitotst : 07-18-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 07-18-2011 at 07:56 AM   #59
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
Oh my serious face.

This is actually what most people end up doing, even the idiots that decide to light up in their rooms at the beginning of the year usually end up going outside to smoke after getting caught/having a few close calls.
Old 07-18-2011 at 08:17 AM   #60
Manley

Liked: 14 Times

Fires do happen. I was in Brandon Hall until October 18th 2008 because of a fire. It was closed until the beginning of second term. Please don't smoke in residence.