MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Social Science courses jo87 Academics 8 12-07-2010 11:42 PM
Is Psychology courses considered as a Social Science course? VoyozooT Academics 4 06-08-2010 11:38 PM
easy humanities and social science courses? shreya s. Academics 24 05-02-2010 11:16 AM
Not possible to get an A in Social Science courses Iamanonymous Academics 119 01-05-2010 06:48 PM
Social Science 2nd Year Courses...HELP!! Ruggedman Academics 9 04-06-2009 03:22 PM

social science bird courses??

Old 12-16-2010 at 12:52 PM   #1
bubblegum3
Account Disabled by User

Liked: Liked 2 Times

social science bird courses??
hi, i am just looking to take a veryyy easy first year social science course to boost up my average next semester. let me know from past experiences whats easyy and whats not

as of now, i have inquiry, but i havent found any good reviews on the class and my profs specialization is economic globalization which seems very dry to me. all the other classes are full so i MIGHT switch out. looking forward to suggestions !

Last edited by bubblegum3 : 12-16-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-16-2010 at 12:57 PM   #2
Mz.Morra13

Liked: 26 Times

if you can get into soc sci 2O03 or 2Q03 next term..they're pretty easy and taught by the same prof. she also taught 2r03 and 2p03 this term (I took both of them). the course load is really light and very manageable. she has one midterm one exam..and the exams non cumulative. Her questions are true/false and multiple choice..and the true/false basically consists of her taking a paragraph out of your notes and pasting it on..occasionally she'll change something around and make it obviously false. it's an easy, easy 11 if you take good notes. she also puts podcasts up for each class. but basically as long as you keep up on the notes and review everything a couple days before the midterm/exam you're pretty much set to get over 85. hope that helps
Old 12-16-2010 at 12:58 PM   #3
Mz.Morra13

oh the material's pretty interesting too, at least I found it to be. it's a lot of 'dinner table' facts..which kind of makes it easier to study because you can just go and pester your roommates with 'did you know's' all day .
Old 12-16-2010 at 01:00 PM   #4
bubblegum3
Account Disabled by User

Liked: Liked 2 Times

hey thanks for the advice forgot to mention im first year but ill keep those courses in mind for next year!
Old 12-16-2010 at 01:07 PM   #5
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

All of them.

(Geo 2EI3 is a joke, very little coursework, very easy material).
Old 12-16-2010 at 01:14 PM   #6
Mz.Morra13

actually, my friend took one of them in 1st year! econ 1b03 is really easy too.
Old 12-16-2010 at 01:18 PM   #7
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz.Morra13 View Post
actually, my friend took one of them in 1st year! econ 1b03 is really easy too.
econ 1b03 is easy, but there is work to be done in that course which a lot of people never talk about when mentioning this course.
Old 12-16-2010 at 01:19 PM   #8
mdoidge

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegum3 View Post
hi, i am just looking to take a veryyy easy first year social science course to boost up my average next semester. let me know from past experiences whats easyy and whats not

as of now, i have inquiry, but i havent found any good reviews on the class and my profs specialization is economic globalization which seems very dry to me. all the other classes are full so i MIGHT switch out. looking forward to suggestions !
Labour Studies 1C03 - not a lot of assignments, easy class

Health and Aging 1AA3 - easy assignments, little reading, all notes online and prof reads from slides - exam was easy

Anthropology 1A03 - interesting, easy course material, more assignments then courses listed above

email me: [email protected] il.com if you want to purchase any of those books and i can give you course notes for $10 ea class
Old 12-16-2010 at 01:25 PM   #9
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by siefer1322 View Post
econ 1b03 is easy, but there is work to be done in that course which a lot of people never talk about when mentioning this course.
To be fair, they didnt have the quizzes until fairly recently.
Old 12-16-2010 at 01:56 PM   #10
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoidge View Post

Health and Aging 1AA3 - easy assignments, little reading, all notes online and prof reads from slides - exam was easy

Anthropology 1A03 - interesting, easy course material, more assignments then courses listed above

email me: [email protected] il.com if you want to purchase any of those books and i can give you course notes for $10 ea class
Hustlin'

12char
Old 12-16-2010 at 03:17 PM   #11
smarties13

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoidge View Post

OMG!!! DO NOT TAKE HEALTH & AGING WITH TOTH!!! i saw that she isn't teaching next semester and wow, she shouldnt be...michelles right she reads from the slides, but her exam was ****in ambiguous and the T.A.s think theyre all that cuz they get to mark your paper and write comments like "one of the best research papers" and still give you a shitty mark....this was my lowest mark, and im in Life Sci, jesus! whatever happened to electives boosting your mark up?!
Old 12-16-2010 at 03:20 PM   #12
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

One of my highest marks is from Geog 2RC3 - Canada. Having said that, I can look over my notes from that course and not remember a damn thing about it.
Old 12-16-2010 at 03:25 PM  
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

danallan says thanks to RyanC for this post.

Old 12-16-2010 at 07:37 PM   #13
amare

Liked: 22 Times

Geography is also not a bad cource to take. But the cource load is pretty heavy no matter which one you take). DO NOT take both of them at the same time ever. The combined workload from two is unbelievable. 2 of them combined for 10 out of my 21 hours of class and its really hard to do well in them when youre doing them at the same time.