MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone having problems getting into Avenue? xxsumz Computers & Tech 6 09-28-2010 04:47 PM
Problems on SOLAR Little First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-03-2010 10:37 PM
Payment Agreement Questions & Problems (2008) jass First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 08-11-2008 12:35 PM
SOLAR Problems kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 1 06-20-2008 10:44 AM

SOLAR 2008 - Problems

Old 06-30-2008 at 10:05 AM   #91
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Are you talking about first year courses? Because if you are, the school caps how many upper years can take first year courses so there is room left over for actual 1st years

Old 06-30-2008 at 10:07 AM   #92
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

man i wanted multimedia, and they were all full at like 1 am, hows that even possible?
Old 06-30-2008 at 10:08 AM   #93
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

1. because people are hardcore at midnight
2. because upper years stole it first
Old 06-30-2008 at 10:14 AM   #94
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

i know i was on at 12 and i got kicked off though, such bs.
Old 06-30-2008 at 10:53 AM   #95
renata

Liked: 0 Times

there are some courses i want to take in first year such as chem 1AA3 and its prerequisite is chem 1A03 ... i was thinkin of taking chem 1A03 in first sem and takin chem 1AA3 in second since ill have met the requirements by then (assuming i pass lol) ...am i not able to do that?
Old 06-30-2008 at 03:09 PM   #96
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by renata View Post
there are some courses i want to take in first year such as chem 1AA3 and its prerequisite is chem 1A03 ... i was thinkin of taking chem 1A03 in first sem and takin chem 1AA3 in second since ill have met the requirements by then (assuming i pass lol) ...am i not able to do that?
that's what you MUST do.
Chem 1A03 won't be offered in semester 2, so you HAVE to take it in semester 1
https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/...res.php?page=1
Old 06-30-2008 at 03:50 PM   #97
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
all the good humanities stuff has been taken already... ahh sigh
If you're thinking about possibly majoring in MM you can contact the MM department and they will open up seats for you.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-30-2008 at 09:22 PM   #98
Moo!io

Liked: 21 Times

Is anyone else hating SOLAR right now?
Old 06-30-2008 at 10:07 PM   #99
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
so messed up, cus i get that i dont have requisites for 4 courses, also, all 4 media courses say they're full, BS, its been open 1 hour, they def arent full lol.
If they are Humanities courses, try going into SOLAR on Thursday when it opens for Humanities I students and you'll most likely see the courses opening up to more people again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampk View Post
jcc, under Funding Options, what boxes did you tick besides OSAP? did you tick External Sponsorhip Full or Partial?
OSAP isn't available yet, read #5 in this article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgill View Post
ok well this is getting kind of annoying, i finnaly get on, and not only do i found out that anthropology is full, but apparently now i dont have the prerequisites for chem and bio.. any help?, also im going to the smart session tomroow and be expecting me to smash some heads together
For Chem and Bio my guess is that you didn't select SCIENCE 1A00 which is required for most science courses. Try selecting that as a course choice and click 'verify'. It should show as 'passed' now

FOR ALL OTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT SOLAR AND PREREQ'S, SEE MY ARTICLE ON COMMON SOLAR ISSUES AND HOW TO SOLVE THEM.. HERE!
Old 06-30-2008 at 11:34 PM   #100
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Is it okay if we leave the payment agreement unconfirmed until the osap has been processed? or is it recommended that we should do the payment confirmation without OSAP and then go back once osap has been processed like chad recommended on the FAQ page? :S

edit: my first post on this forum, landmark
Old 07-01-2008 at 05:18 AM   #101
ishk33

Liked: 12 Times

Solar Problem
Hi,

I was registering for Life Science 1 courses for the first semester. And when I selected Chemistry 1A03, it indicated "FAILED". However, I have done SBI4U in my high school and I have scored above 80%. This means that I do not have to go for the lowest (core) course of chemistry coz I do fulfill all the requirements.

Please help me out with this issue.
Old 07-01-2008 at 07:30 AM   #102
ThatGuy

Liked: 36 Times

hey, I tried choosing math 1A03 but it said its full, this course is a requirement and i need it for math 1AA3 so what do I do?
Old 07-01-2008 at 08:15 AM   #103
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post
Is it okay if we leave the payment agreement unconfirmed until the osap has been processed? or is it recommended that we should do the payment confirmation without OSAP and then go back once osap has been processed like chad recommended on the FAQ page? :S

edit: my first post on this forum, landmark
You are better off to do the payment agreement now, and then once you get your OSAP figured out going back and reconfirming it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishk33 View Post
Hi,

I was registering for Life Science 1 courses for the first semester. And when I selected Chemistry 1A03, it indicated "FAILED". However, I have done SBI4U in my high school and I have scored above 80%. This means that I do not have to go for the lowest (core) course of chemistry coz I do fulfill all the requirements.

If you haven't already done so, add Science 1AO0. That should fix your problem. If it doesn't call the Faculty of Science on Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
hey, I tried choosing math 1A03 but it said its full, this course is a requirement and i need it for math 1AA3 so what do I do?
Since the course is required, they have to allow seats for you. Wait until Wednesday to see if more seats open up. If they haven't by the end of the day on Wednesday (ie 5pm), contact the department Thursday so they open a seat up for you.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-01-2008 at 09:55 AM   #104
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishk33 View Post
Hi,

It's probably the Science 1A00 issue, but SBI4U is grade 12 biology. You need SCH4U as a prereq for Chem 1A03.

Old 07-01-2008 at 04:29 PM   #105
ishk33

Liked: 12 Times

oh..i actually meant SCH4U...(grade 12 chemistry)...yea so i have actually done that and I have scored above 80%....and I don't see the why I should be doing Science 1A0O....coz it's all very basic stuff....and above all that I do fulfill their requirements....

So why can't I take CHEM 1A03 in my first semester......It keeps saying "FAILED"....WHY?? ???