MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone having problems getting into Avenue? xxsumz Computers & Tech 6 09-28-2010 04:47 PM
Problems on SOLAR Little First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-03-2010 10:37 PM
Payment Agreement Questions & Problems (2008) jass First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 08-11-2008 12:35 PM
SOLAR Problems kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 1 06-20-2008 10:44 AM

SOLAR 2008 - Problems

Old 07-02-2008 at 11:35 PM   #136
ppppp

Liked: 0 Times

logging out of MUGSI was a mistake :X
Old 07-02-2008 at 11:41 PM   #137
Sunshine

Liked: Liked 2 Times

OK so, basically I got onto SOLAR managed to get two courses before it crashed and now it's telling me that I have no online applications available and I'm kinda freaking out... Is this a normal message or am I just special?
Old 07-02-2008 at 11:41 PM   #138
KaylaMarie

Liked: 3 Times

Yeah, the courses don't save...I got back to mine once and it was blank :(
Old 07-03-2008 at 12:33 AM   #139
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Looks like people are all having issues with MUGSI and SOLAR. Wait 10-15 minutes and try again guys. I just tried and got a white screen after logging in.

Also, if anyone gets crazy errors... take a screenshot and post it in here for us to all see
Old 07-03-2008 at 12:35 AM   #140
Sync

Liked: 2 Times

I've been trying to get in MUGSI and no luck. In the past hour, I've been either getting a blank page or "The maximum allowable number of students are currently using MUGSI. Each student has a 45 minute time limit. Please try again later."
Old 07-03-2008 at 12:38 AM   #141
MacEng

Liked: 125 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sync View Post
I've been trying to get in MUGSI and no luck. In the past hour, I've been either getting a blank page or "The maximum allowable number of students are currently using MUGSI. Each student has a 45 minute time limit. Please try again later."
Im on the same boat as you.

I will try again in morning
Old 07-03-2008 at 12:40 AM   #142
jwei

lol chad. FIX IT ALREADY.
Old 07-03-2008 at 01:25 AM   #143
DarkReaper

Liked: 7 Times

Does anyone get a Mugsiseat failed error?
Old 07-03-2008 at 01:47 AM   #144
Leraison

solars working!
Old 07-03-2008 at 02:12 AM   #145
ppppp

I was on... had everything picked then it booted me off again. Now I can't get back onto Mugsi.

Keep getting: "A technical error has been encountered; please call the UTS Helpline at x24357."
Old 07-03-2008 at 05:15 AM   #146
Jennemb

When I log into mugsi and click "continue" at the privacy statement page the next page that comes up says "Your session time limit has expired OR you used an unsupported browser activity. All the option you entered and did not submit will have been lost. Please sign on again"...i've tried to get onto mugsi on multiple computers...is there something wrong with my account and are other people getting this message?????
Old 07-03-2008 at 06:53 AM   #147
Jayuna

The one thing I don't understand is - why are all the humanities courses full already?? They just got in today, so it can't be possible that they did it all now. Since I still need to chose my second elective...

That, and this MATH 1A03 is really pissing me off. McMaster should not be ticketmaster - the people who need that course should be allowed into that course no matter what. This has got to be some sort of glitch on their system.

Honours MoleBio and Genetics, McMaster class of 2012
Old 07-03-2008 at 08:12 AM   #148
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Jayuna, is it fixed now? Can you select Humanities courses?
Old 07-03-2008 at 08:13 AM   #149
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonbaypro View Post
So i tried to log on last night to choose my courses, thinking i would get a huge head start filling out my electives at 12:01 am, however literally as the clock struck 12:00 i couldn't log into MUGSI/SOLAR, and i tried constantly for like an hour and had no luck- the server was full, i was pretty tired from work and so i went to bed and figured i could choose the courses in the morning,

i woke up at 10 am and went to choose my courses, i got into SOLAR and was happily selecting my courses until i got to my electives, i wanted to take first year calculus (pretty much any math/calculus course) and all of them were full, my second choice was physics, one physics class was available but the other one wasnt. so im like wtf...

i spent 2 hours going through all the courses again trying to make them fit nicely and not having too many units in one semister, i ended up get 1 of the 3 electives i wanted and lost a good 2hours of my life,

im wondering if anyone had a similar experience? its just fustrating that MUGSI/SOLAR would clogg up like that, i understand that if i picked my courses maybe 2/3 days late i would not get the courses i wanted, but like wtf?? i tried at 12:01 am and i tried 10 am in the morning, i dont know what to do.....

i picked 2 first year economics classes instead of calculus, are these good classes? and what are the chances of me actually getting into calculus now?

Oh yes, I feel your pain. My first term is clogged up with crap classes that I didn't want because the classes I wanted were already full -_-
As for the 2 econ classes, I might be biased cause Im majoring in it LOL, but theyre pretty good.. no hefty workload, two tests, APLIA assignments due once a week, etc. Check out my reviews on both.
Old 07-03-2008 at 12:12 PM   #150
ND_ftw

Hey, I'm having similar problems too.

First of all, one of my courses (MMEDIA 1B03) says it's full... is there any chance that this could just be an error on SOLAR, because I really didn't think it'd be full already, since it was full the moment I started picking my courses at 12:01 this morning..

And I've got two courses with the same "You do not have the academic requisites" error. Thing is, the prerequisite for one of those courses (COMP SCI 1MD3, offered Term 1) is MATH 1M03, which is only offered in Term 2. I think that's why it won't work, but I can't do anything about it! Anyone have any ideas??