MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone having problems getting into Avenue? xxsumz Computers & Tech 6 09-28-2010 04:47 PM
Problems on SOLAR Little First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-03-2010 10:37 PM
Payment Agreement Questions & Problems (2008) jass First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 08-11-2008 12:35 PM
SOLAR Problems kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 1 06-20-2008 10:44 AM

SOLAR 2008 - Problems

Old 07-03-2008 at 12:16 PM   #151
WavesSea

Liked: 0 Times

i have two units left over iam supposed to have thirty but i have 28 is there a two unit course?
Old 07-03-2008 at 12:16 PM   #152
lampk

not much u can do bout the math 1m03 and comp sci 1md3.
only thing u can rly do is take math 1a03 (if its not full already). math 1a03 is similar enough to math 1m03, and should be pretty straight forward if you've already taken gr.12 calculus
Old 07-03-2008 at 12:33 PM   #153
ND_ftw

That doesn't make any sense though... how could anyone possibly be taking that COMP SCI 1MD3 course then??
Old 07-03-2008 at 12:55 PM   #154
lampk

ppl who are taking math 1a03 at the same time? or upper year students?
Old 07-03-2008 at 01:39 PM   #155
rijet

Still having trouble picking philosophy or peace studies electives as it keeps saying its full.
Old 07-03-2008 at 01:46 PM   #156
Sync

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijet View Post
Still having trouble picking philosophy or peace studies electives as it keeps saying its full.
I just tried right now and all the courses for first year listed under peace studies and philosophy are available. I think you won't be able to pick these courses until social science students can a chance to register tomorrow.
Old 07-03-2008 at 01:51 PM   #157
rijet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sync View Post
I just tried right now and all the courses for first year listed under peace studies and philosophy are available. I think you won't be able to pick these courses until social science students can a chance to register tomorrow.
Thanks
BTW how did you check if they are available? On SOLAR or somewhere else?
Old 07-03-2008 at 01:59 PM   #158
Sync

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijet View Post
Thanks
BTW how did you check if they are available? On SOLAR or somewhere else?
I checked through SOLAR
Old 07-03-2008 at 03:35 PM   #159
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_ftw View Post
Hey, I'm having similar problems too.

First of all, one of my courses (MMEDIA 1B03) says it's full... is there any chance that this could just be an error on SOLAR, because I really didn't think it'd be full already, since it was full the moment I started picking my courses at 12:01 this morning..

And I've got two courses with the same "You do not have the academic requisites" error. Thing is, the prerequisite for one of those courses (COMP SCI 1MD3, offered Term 1) is MATH 1M03, which is only offered in Term 2. I think that's why it won't work, but I can't do anything about it! Anyone have any ideas??
It's possible that it's already full. From what I know from friends, the MMEDIA 1B03 classes aren't very big. But if it's a required course for you, contact the Communications/Multimedia Studies assistant and she'll help you. Her name is Jeanette.
Old 07-03-2008 at 07:28 PM   #160
sj316

you know how there's a section that says "conflict indicator" in the course summary? if it doesn't say anything under it does it mean there's no conflict between all my course times?

were we suppossed to check if there were no conflict between course times before we picked our courses?
Old 07-03-2008 at 08:20 PM   #161
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

SOLAR isn't always correct so it is recommended you do conflict checking yourself. However, you can just wait until August when the timetable is generated for you with your labs/tutorials... becuase you don't know what your sections are yet for most classes so trying to make your own timetable now may not be so easy. However, if you follow the unofficial course selection guide here on macinsiders it shows you how you can make your own timetable and see if there are conflicts and work out the 'perfect' schedule which you can try and rearrange in August once you see what they auto assigned you.
Old 07-03-2008 at 10:27 PM   #162
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampk View Post
not much u can do bout the math 1m03 and comp sci 1md3.
only thing u can rly do is take math 1a03 (if its not full already). math 1a03 is similar enough to math 1m03, and should be pretty straight forward if you've already taken gr.12 calculus
Math 1A03 and 1M03 aren't really the same...if you want to go into Business you need to take 1M03. If you're taking Sciences or Health Sci you can't use 1M03 as a math credit, you need 1A03.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-04-2008 at 07:55 PM   #163
WavesSea

Ummm i think iam sorta screwed... okay so i was at the academic councelling today and ms williams told me that it was impossible for me to take the engineering program courses like, Materials Science 1M03, Chemistry 1E03 Engineer 1CO3, 1D04, but solar let me take them :S iam in the computer science department, they will probably boot me out of these classes? is this true ? any one here know of this error ? I serously want to take these courses cause nothing else on the LV1 calender interests me social sciences and humanities aren't really my specialty. Can i take a bunch of math courses? what does some one recommend i take for the computer science program ? Also for some reason solar is not letting me drop the courses and applying changes.. for some odd reason :S iamtrying to drop 1DO4 Since i already have a bunch of programming courses.
Old 07-04-2008 at 10:00 PM   #164
here4jeshua

Hi
I am a first year student and I understand that I can sign up for my courses today (I got a notice letting me know). I actually have no problem logging on to SOLAR, but when I do, and begin to pick my courses, under the "Term Day/Eve" section, it only lets me pick TERM 3 E. Does this mean its an evening course only offered in the summer? Also, you said that we don't pick our Core courses, which are our lectures...and we don't pick our Tutorials...So what are we picking?? I can only take three courses this semester, since I can only take 18units and one of the courses isn't offered (I'm assuming it will be offered next semester?).

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2008 at 10:46 PM   #165
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by here4jeshua View Post
Hi
I am a first year student and I understand that I can sign up for my courses today (I got a notice letting me know). I actually have no problem logging on to SOLAR, but when I do, and begin to pick my courses, under the "Term Day/Eve" section, it only lets me pick TERM 3 E. Does this mean its an evening course only offered in the summer? Also, you said that we don't pick our Core courses, which are our lectures...and we don't pick our Tutorials...So what are we picking?? I can only take three courses this semester, since I can only take 18units and one of the courses isn't offered (I'm assuming it will be offered next semester?).

Thanks!
hey. Term 3 means from Sept to April, so its like Term 1 +Term 2 combined.
E means evening.
So you will be having this evening class from sept to april next year.
You are now picking the course you want to take and enrolling in it. You will be assigned what core class you are in and what tutorial/lab when the timetable comes out. and this can be rearranged by yourself later when the system reopens again. I am not sure what the other part of the question mean.. sorry.