MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blocked from SOLAR AnthraX Academics 13 08-11-2010 08:14 PM
Course Selection with a BLOCKED ACCOUNT? ACameron Academics 8 08-01-2010 08:50 PM
Course is BLOCKED? jdia Academics 9 07-27-2010 10:46 AM
Course blocked on timetable sinthusized Academics 5 04-29-2010 12:45 PM
Blocked Courses? aya017 Academics 4 11-26-2008 08:34 PM

SOLAR - Blocked Account?

Old 08-05-2008 at 12:00 AM   #1
blahblah

Liked: 0 Times

SOLAR - Blocked Account?
Tried logging into SOLAR and I couldn't get past picking which registration session I wanted. It said 'Blocked - outstanding account'.

Can anyone let me know what this is about??
Old 08-05-2008 at 08:32 AM   #2
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Well SOLAR isn't open any more until Aug 11th, that might have something to do with it. But I don't know why it would say "outstanding account" unless you owe the university money. If you're an upper year and you have somehting like student fees or books on your account you can check that by going online on MUGSI and clicking on My Student Accounts and Cashiers. If not, I would call the office of Student Accounts and Cashiers and ask them why it tells you that you have an outstanding account because it should just say "Unavailable" until Aug 11th

blahblah says thanks to kokosas for this post.
Old 08-05-2008 at 11:24 PM   #3
blahblah

thanks a bunch!
do you know when the very last day is to fix up courses for september?
Old 08-06-2008 at 07:32 AM   #4
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

I don't, I can't find it where it should be right now which probably means that it's simply too early to have the exact date.

You usually have until November before suffering any academic penalty for switching or dropping courses. That's when the drop/add period ends.

blahblah says thanks to kokosas for this post.
Old 08-06-2008 at 08:53 AM   #5
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

This is from the Registrar's site:

Fall/Winter 2008/2009

The last day to add term 1 and 3 courses is September 15, 2008.
The last day to cancel term 1 courses without academic penalty is November 7, 2008
The last day to add term 2 courses is January 14, 2009
The last day to cancel term 2 or 3 courses without academic penalty is February 27, 2009

blahblah, kokosas all say thanks to nh999 for this post.
Old 08-07-2008 at 02:03 PM   #6
blahblah

PS: Just for anyone who also had the problem with the blocked account: I did have a late fee, but when I paid it, I called Student Accounts and they took it off immediately, so call them if you're having issues!