MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with SOLAR.... drummerboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-11-2010 12:28 AM
SOLAR Help! lauracs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-30-2010 03:25 AM
Solar Pay919 Academics 830 08-23-2009 02:24 AM
Solar stefan_toron First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-16-2009 10:53 PM
Can everyone get on SOLAR, right now? crys.eg Academics 8 07-16-2009 10:01 AM

SOLAR Eclipse

Old 06-21-2009 at 09:32 PM   #1
mumbojumbo

Liked: 10 Times

SOLAR Eclipse
Hey guys, I wanna ask something, my SOLAR registration date is July 25th and I am guessing it starts 12:01 am, so basically i will be on my computer by then. But i am worried about SOLAR being crashed or like last year, being kicked out of SOLAR because there's TOO much people at the same time on the same site. And then, end up not getting in for 45 mins and when I do get in, i attempt to register in those high demand courses only to find out that i am too late to get in because its gotten full....... is this a possibility or what? But Im praying that this wont happen this year.... i just dont... my future's at stake here... :(

Thanks! any opinions, comments, rants, can be posted here
Old 06-21-2009 at 09:37 PM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

July 25th? Really?

Hmm, if a required class or any class that you really want is full then you can always ask for a seat. Either the Registrar or the professor themselves really.

SOLAR is indeed frustrating, and unfortunately there is a possibility you'll get kicked off or you won't be able to get in for a while, but just bare with it and you'll be okay. :] There's not much we can do about the .. lackluster server.
Old 06-21-2009 at 09:38 PM   #3
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

All of those things you mentioned are possible, unfortunately.

There is a whole thread with people moaning about the awfulness of SOLAR if you want to read people's rants on the situation and add your own.

SOLAR was awful for me when it opened the other night. Slow and impossible to get on to for at least 45 minutes with constant trying.

All you can do is be persistent and keep trying to get on. Start trying around 11:50 and just keep trying in hopes of getting on as soon as possible.

If electives you want are full you can always e-mail someone in the department administering that course and try and get a space. They only have to open up a space in a required course but there's always a chance they might open up a space for you in an elective you really want.

Good luck.
Old 06-22-2009 at 02:47 PM   #4
mumbojumbo

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
July 25th? Really?
err. i meant June 25th.. haha silly me, of course the courses are going to be full by then