MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable feedback? GB123 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 08-15-2011 04:00 PM
Feedback Needed kanvi_v30 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-09-2011 11:24 PM
Schedule Feedback!?! MaryS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-10-2010 05:46 PM
Getting feedback Chad Computers & Tech 6 04-01-2010 12:22 AM

SOLAR feedback

Old 06-07-2013 at 07:22 AM   #16
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Not taking any electives this year. Just mandatory courses from year three & four, so I got on fine and got them all (no surprise) @ around 8:00 AM.
Old 06-07-2013 at 10:35 AM   #17
JeffZ

Liked: 7 Times

First year I didn't get in till 3-4am.
Second year I got in around 1am.
Third year I got in immediately.
This year I got in around 1am. After having mine and my friend's computer trying to log on.

Its a matter of luck. And learning not to double-click anything so it doesn't crash.
Old 06-07-2013 at 11:27 AM   #18
AnimeGamer31

Liked: 27 Times

I got in around 2AM eastern time on June 7. I currently am in another country with a time difference of 12 hours so it was 2PM when I got in. Even though it was 2AM in North America, I had to use a software that would help me get in faster as was posted by someone in another thread. I think it was called how to get into SOLAR fast. I got in after 5 mins of the program running.

I got in immediately at 3-5PM.

I got most of my courses except Life Sci 3A03 which really surprised me since my program SOLAR open date only opened (June 7) for a couple hours and it was already full. I'm hoping someone will drop it because it is my mandatory course.
Old 06-07-2013 at 11:29 AM   #19
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeGamer31 View Post
I got in around 2AM eastern time on June 7. I currently am in another country with a time difference of 12 hours so it was 2PM when I got in. Even though it was 2AM in North America, I had to use a software that would help me get in faster as was posted by someone in another thread. I think it was called how to get into SOLAR fast. I got in after 5 mins of the program running.

I got most of my courses except Life Sci 3A03 which really surprised me since my program SOLAR open date only opened (June 7) for a couple hours and it was already full. I'm hoping someone will drop it because it is my mandatory course.
Life Sci 3A03 currently has spots open on SOLAR when I checked around 12.
Old 06-07-2013 at 11:40 AM   #20
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:

If it's a mandatory course for you then don't worry, you're guaranteed a spot no matter what, just email the science academic advisors about it.
Edit: Actually, I don't think 3A03 is mandatory for LifeScis to graduate, it's just one of the possible courses you can take to fulfill the requirements. But still shoot them an email and see what they say, probably your best bet other than just trying to get in on SOLAR over and over (if it's still full)

In terms of SOLAR, seriously can't describe what a cruddy system it is.. Having to pay so much money, put in so much effort and time, all into courses we may not even have wanted to take in the first place because SOLAR effed us over. Very happy I'm mostly done with SOLAR forever now, good riddance
Old 06-07-2013 at 11:40 AM   #21
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Also if it's mandatory then they'll open up a spot for you, there's no need to fight with SOLAR to get a seat.
Old 06-07-2013 at 11:47 AM   #22
kitty1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:

Actually solar opened for 4th year science students on June 4th, probably a bunch of 4th years took LS 3A03 that's why it was full so fast.

As for solar, I got in pretty quick this year compared to the last 3 years
Old 06-07-2013 at 12:24 PM   #23
*spark*

Liked: 55 Times

I tried to log into solar at midnight for about five tries. Didn't work so I gave up. Got up the next day at around 10am. Got in and finished within 2 minutes.
Life is good when all your courses are mandatory. But I won't be so lucky next time.

I just don't understand why it takes them two years to fix SOLAR? Seriously, it can't be that hard...
Old 06-07-2013 at 12:38 PM   #24
sarahsweet

Liked: 13 Times

Got this error. So annoying!

Old 06-07-2013 at 12:41 PM   #25
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Anyone else getting that?
Old 06-07-2013 at 02:54 PM   #26
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I got in on my first try and got all my courses! It's a first for me!

starfish, Zebedee like this.
Old 06-14-2013 at 03:50 AM   #27
SabaMac4Life

Liked: 1 Time

SOLAR was at its WORST this year!! Probably because as the rumour has it it's its last year? I HOPE SO!! Because it's a huge drawback for Mac and at this rate university will lose students because honestly nobody wants to pay for courses they don't wanna take or don't even like.

Hoping for a better system SOOOON!!!

Zebedee likes this.
Old 06-14-2013 at 05:23 AM   #28
AnimeGamer31

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyWarrior View Post
If it's a mandatory course for you then don't worry, you're guaranteed a spot no matter what, just email the science academic advisors about it.
Edit: Actually, I don't think 3A03 is mandatory for LifeScis to graduate, it's just one of the possible courses you can take to fulfill the requirements. But still shoot them an email and see what they say, probably your best bet other than just trying to get in on SOLAR over and over (if it's still full)

In terms of SOLAR, seriously can't describe what a cruddy system it is.. Having to pay so much money, put in so much effort and time, all into courses we may not even have wanted to take in the first place because SOLAR effed us over. Very happy I'm mostly done with SOLAR forever now, good riddance
That's true, but so far, it is the only course that I have the prereq for. I currently do not have the prereqs for the other courses that could fulfill the requirement. :( Hopefully, it works out.

I contacted Sarah Robinson and she said she could not provide me a seat. I think I would have to wait until 4th year to take it.
Old 06-14-2013 at 09:58 AM   #29
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Dont want to Jinx myself but I have fairly good luck with Solar

Just Ctrl+W and Left click as quickly as possible and I am usually in within 5 mins
Old 06-14-2013 at 10:22 AM   #30
Jasonn

Liked: Liked 3 Times

I signed into SOLAR on a computer in Thode Wednesday evening and was able to register for 4/9 mandatory courses, 1 being full, 2 saying I need prereqs (KIN 2Y03 and 2YY3) even though on my undergrad calendar you don't need prerequ's for them apparently? And 2 maths which it says I don't have the math prereq but they were supposed to be waived

Overall not bad, but then again all of the courses I need aren't popular except for the one linear algebra