MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When does solar reopen? R_21 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-15-2010 12:33 PM
What time does SOLAR reopen? RememberTwce First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 08-11-2010 05:25 PM
When does SOLAR reopen? chanduru First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-10-2010 10:37 PM
What time does solar reopen for level 2 science students? killza Academics 42 07-12-2010 02:37 PM
Solar Help sinthusized Academics 10 04-08-2009 05:45 PM

When will SOLAR reopen for me?

Old 06-14-2010 at 11:49 AM   #1
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

When will SOLAR reopen for me?
So I stupidly choose my major last night at 12:02 thinking I'd get into the courses I wanted... Well it backfired and all that happened was I choose my required. It says SOLAR will close down for me June 20th and reopen when its open to all students.

Is this July 12th? or all the way in August..?
Old 06-14-2010 at 11:50 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sintos View Post
So I stupidly choose my major last night at 12:02 thinking I'd get into the courses I wanted... Well it backfired and all that happened was I choose my required. It says SOLAR will close down for me June 20th and reopen when its open to all students.

Is this July 12th? or all the way in August..?
That would be in August.
Old 06-14-2010 at 11:52 AM   #3
Sintos

Great... So when all the people are dropping there courses I am locked out and can't get the electives I want? Can I go around SOLAR and talk to a councellor?
Old 06-14-2010 at 11:55 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sintos View Post
Great... So when all the people are dropping there courses I am locked out and can't get the electives I want? Can I go around SOLAR and talk to a councellor?
When SOLAR reopens all the remaining seats that were reserved for certain programs or certain levels will be open to everyone. You should definitively keep on trying.

There's no harm in talking to a counsellor to try and open a seat for you though. Talk to the counsellor of the department each course belongs to.
Old 06-14-2010 at 12:13 PM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

I e-mailed an administrative assistant over at the anthropology department, and she said that SOLAR will be re-opening on July 12th and that they'll be releasing all the remaining seats. I assume this rings true for all departments.

Haller, resh.jyoti like this.
Old 06-14-2010 at 12:16 PM   #6
Sintos

Alright... July 12th. 12:01... SOLAR round 2... gonna be bad...

And if not... Gonna stress until august.
Old 06-14-2010 at 12:29 PM   #7
kanthamd

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
I e-mailed an administrative assistant over at the anthropology department, and she said that SOLAR will be re-opening on July 12th and that they'll be releasing all the remaining seats. I assume this rings true for all departments.
I emailed humanities advisors about Linguistics 1A03 and they said that the remaining seats won't be available until after timetables are released and that I should email after August 9th and it's first come first serve. "We are not keeping wait lists..

Last edited by kanthamd : 06-14-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-14-2010 at 06:07 PM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
o_O Humanities dept sent me a reply in regards to German: "Any available seats will be released on a first come first serve basis after SOLAR reopens on August 11th." >_<

So basically, I'm not getting in...

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 06-16-2010 at 10:43 AM   #9
xhorizon

Liked: 0 Times

can you guys select the course and tutorial sessions on solar?
Old 06-16-2010 at 12:24 PM   #10
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

LOL, I don't know what the right date is then. It's either different for the departments, or they don't really know what's going on.

And SOLAR chooses your tutorial/course/lab sessions for you, and then you can select different times in August to fit to your liking.