MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to change timetables around on SOLAR sarahald Academics 9 08-10-2010 03:26 PM
Timetables. JAYJAY First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 08-09-2010 11:27 PM
Timetables are Available! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 17 08-11-2009 01:05 PM
Timetables are out! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 66 08-25-2008 01:26 PM
Timetables Are Down lorend MacInsiders Announcements 34 08-11-2008 08:35 AM

Solar- Timetables

Old 07-13-2009 at 05:11 PM   #31
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesciN View Post
hey!
I just went through the master timtable site to try and put together my timetable... I wrote down all the different cores, times, and days for my courses.... and i'm really confused.
should I randomly choose various times? and try to put together my own schedule? If I do that, what's the point? doesnt solar set up a personal timetable anyway, it's not like I can make my own timetable on solar.. I can only make adjustments.. no?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
SOLAR is in effect making a timetable for you, but the point of making a timetable in advance is good because one, you'll know how to work through conflicts beforehand, and two, you'll know what times you personally want to make it work for you.

Doing this, you'll be prepared for when we're able to choose cores/tutorials on SOLAR, instead of risking the chance of your desired times being filled up before you know what hit ya. :]

At least, that's the way I look at it.
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:04 PM   #32
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesciN View Post
hey!
I just went through the master timtable site to try and put together my timetable... I wrote down all the different cores, times, and days for my courses.... and i'm really confused.
should I randomly choose various times? and try to put together my own schedule? If I do that, what's the point? doesnt solar set up a personal timetable anyway, it's not like I can make my own timetable on solar.. I can only make adjustments.. no?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
This would be a sample. And no you can switch the cores that SOLAR generates for you! As logn as there is space in the core you want. An the point of creating a timetable is to make it fit your habits and study schedule best. For example if you hate 8:30 AM classes, don't take a 3 hour lab then. That kinda thing
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:14 PM   #33
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

AM i mistaken or dosent solar reopen for u earlier ( august 11) if u register and pay your fees early?
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:18 PM   #34
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ.MVP View Post
AM i mistaken or dosent solar reopen for u earlier ( august 11) if u register and pay your fees early?
SOLAR doesn't actually open until the 13th. On the 11th you can access your timetable through MUGSI.

But yes, SOLAR opens on the 13th for you provided that you cleared your fees by the 12th.

LBJ.MVP says thanks to feonateresa for this post.
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:26 PM   #35
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
SOLAR doesn't actually open until the 13th. On the 11th you can access your timetable through MUGSI.

But yes, SOLAR opens on the 13th for you provided that you cleared your fees by the 12th.
Oh k thx for clearing that up. Its gonna be a real dogfight on the 13th then. I m gonna arm myself with lots of coffe.
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:26 PM   #36
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post

Yep.. what Feona said.. But if you haven't confirmed your PA, you lose your seat in those courses.. So maybe that'll open up some spaces
Old 07-13-2009 at 08:37 PM   #37
feonateresa
Elite Member

Hmm, yeah if you don't confirm your PA by August 25th you lose your seats.

So guys, that is the magic date. Magic I tell you.

Wait, someone confirm that, since I think that was the date last year. =)
Old 07-13-2009 at 09:00 PM   #38
nciggle

Liked: 11 Times

When you say clear your fees, does that mean you have to pay, or just select a payment agreement?
Old 07-13-2009 at 09:02 PM   #39
FJEAN

Liked: 0 Times

I believe they mean confirmation of your payment agreement (no payment).
Old 07-13-2009 at 09:02 PM   #40
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJEAN View Post
I believe they mean confirmation of your payment agreement (no payment).
Exactly. No need to pay just yet. All you have to do is confirm your agreement.
Old 07-13-2009 at 09:11 PM   #41
nciggle

Another thing; I was checking an old thread on how SOLAR reopened for some people on an earlier date becuase they had confirmed their PA before a certain date. But I don't know when my entrance scholarship is being updated to my account and I don't want to have to wait until SOLAR reopens for everyone to switch around my times
Old 07-13-2009 at 09:12 PM   #42
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Does anyone know if a "previously registered" student is an upper year student?

Old 07-13-2009 at 09:29 PM   #43
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nciggle View Post
Another thing; I was checking an old thread on how SOLAR reopened for some people on an earlier date becuase they had confirmed their PA before a certain date. But I don't know when my entrance scholarship is being updated to my account and I don't want to have to wait until SOLAR reopens for everyone to switch around my times
You mean your entrance scholarship hasn't shown up yet? Are you in first year? If so, it probably won't show up until late July - early August.

Confirming your PA now doesn't affect the fact that you can still make changes to it. It's better to confirm earlier than later, or you can lose your seat in your courses by the time late August rolls around.

As for 'previously registered' meaning upper year, hmm, I don't think so. I don't remember SOLAR opening up for me at a different time than upper years last year (when it came time for timetable arranging).

ingénieur.xo says thanks to feonateresa for this post.
Old 07-13-2009 at 09:33 PM   #44
nciggle

Yah I'm in first year so I guess its going to be a long wait for my scholarship to show up *sigh*. Would you suggest waiting until I have rearranged my classes to reconfirm it with the scholarships?
Old 07-13-2009 at 09:33 PM   #45
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

I think prev registered means that you finished all the course selection and PA agreement by the dute dates.. the newly registered people are the ones that come in during the summer and whatnot

ingénieur.xo says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.