MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
payment agreement for summer/spring session luna Academics 8 04-20-2011 09:39 PM
Level 1 vs. Level 2 courses in SPRING/SUMMER term maki Academics 6 03-21-2011 11:55 AM
Spring/summer Courses nick Academics 5 05-10-2010 01:07 AM
Spring/Summer Term Deegs14 Academics 14 11-09-2009 03:17 PM
Hard Courses During Fall/Winter or Spring/Summer? smiles Academics 14 08-20-2009 09:37 PM

spring/summer courses payment

Old 06-02-2011 at 03:02 PM   #1
otieno

Liked: 0 Times

spring/summer courses payment
hey i just app,ied to a summer course for term 2 i was wondering when the dealine to pay for it is, like is it before the course is done or before the academic year is done?
Old 06-02-2011 at 03:16 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by otieno View Post
hey i just app,ied to a summer course for term 2 i was wondering when the dealine to pay for it is, like is it before the course is done or before the academic year is done?
Since the spring/summer session already started, you have to pay pretty much immediately.
Old 06-02-2011 at 03:43 PM   #3
tatski-p

Liked: 35 Times

I believe the actual deadline was sometime around May 1st. I'm not sure if it's dependent on what payment option you selected under your payment agreement, but you've likely accumulated interest on the fee for your courses.

So, like jhan said, it's best to pay it off immediately.

You can pay by Interac online or you can pay in person at Student's Accounts and Cashiers (Gilmour Hall).
Old 06-09-2011 at 05:52 PM   #4
amare

Liked: 22 Times

Sorry for bumping this i didnt want to make a duplicate. Once you register for a course for term 2 and if you decide you dont want to take it can you get a full refund even if you register late?

Last edited by amare : 06-09-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-09-2011 at 06:46 PM   #5
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amare View Post
Sorry for bumping this i didnt want to make a duplicate. Once you register for a course for term 2 and if you decide you dont want to take it can you get a full refund?
If you drop it before the add/drop date, I believe you do get a full refund.
Old 06-09-2011 at 08:01 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Sorry for bumping this i didnt want to make a duplicate. Once you register for a course for term 2 and if you decide you dont want to take it can you get a full refund even if you register late?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLia View Post
If you drop it before the add/drop date, I believe you do get a full refund.
Yep, here are the dates: http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/student/p...ellat ion.pdf

amare says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-09-2011 at 09:53 PM   #7
amare

Thanks a lot for that link, it helps a lot! I just have one last question, do you know how interest is applied to the course fees for each day i dont pay since ive registered (i mean as in daily, weekly etc..) since my payment is already overdue
Old 06-09-2011 at 10:53 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Thanks a lot for that link, it helps a lot! I just have one last question, do you know how interest is applied to the course fees for each day i dont pay since ive registered (i mean as in daily, weekly etc..) since my payment is already overdue
1.2% a month at the end of the month. It's ACTUALLY monthly interest (unlike the banks where they state monthly interest rates but it's actually "divided" into daily interest).
Old 06-09-2011 at 11:43 PM   #9
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Supplementary fees are nonrefundable in keep in mind. It is 126 for one course for me. Signed up for chem last night but don't want to pay in case i cant do it due to job conflicts.
Old 06-10-2011 at 12:13 AM   #10
nadia1

Liked: 3 Times

so for term 2 class, dont we have till june 24th then to pay without being charged interest?
Old 06-10-2011 at 12:13 AM   #11
nadia1

or for the payment to be non-refundable?
Old 06-10-2011 at 12:14 AM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia1 View Post
so for term 2 class, dont we have till june 24th then to pay without being charged interest?
Quote:
or for the payment to be non-refundable?
No, once you are registered you have to pay. It's the same for Fall/Winter, the entire sum is due in September and interest accumulates after that.
Old 06-10-2011 at 12:29 AM   #13
nadia1

so even if i just registered 2 weeks ago for term 2...hm i guess i have to call mac, cause there are only 2 options either to pay in full by may 1st or flex, to pay half by may 1st...and i have done neither
Old 06-10-2011 at 12:43 AM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
so even if i just registered 2 weeks ago for term 2...hm i guess i have to call mac, cause there are only 2 options either to pay in full by may 1st or flex, to pay half by may 1st...and i have done neither
If you registered 2 weeks ago, you probably just got a 1.2% interest charge on May 31st. Interest is only charged on the last day of every month.
Old 06-10-2011 at 12:47 AM   #15
amare

Quote:
Im assuming that unless you plan to drop the course by the 24th, your going to have to pay in full. If you know for sure your taking the course you should for sure pay very soon if you completed the payment agreement and definitely before classes start on the 20th. I think that im going to hold off on paying and completing the payment agreement until the 18th or so when im closer to knowing for sure if im going ahead with taking the course

MacPack likes this.