MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losing an elective :( Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-20-2012 03:56 PM
Losing weight **jewel 03** General Discussion 89 02-14-2011 02:26 PM
Losing a respect from a girl I like. gongshow Dating & Relationships 45 08-02-2010 02:32 PM
MUSS losing emails cowpuppy Computers & Tech 14 08-02-2010 02:00 PM

How to Stop Losing a Language?

Old 02-20-2013 at 04:49 PM   #16
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

With regards to this Duo Lingo thing...can you only have one account for one language?
Old 02-20-2013 at 05:09 PM   #17
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
With regards to this Duo Lingo thing...can you only have one account for one language?
I used my account for two languages...started with spanish and then moved to german. I haven't used it in a while though, so I'm not sure if things have changed?

Zebedee says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 02-20-2013 at 06:18 PM   #18
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
Change your computer's language to Spanish.
change your phone language to spanish too. I've done that a while ago...
Old 02-20-2013 at 06:35 PM   #19
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by akikokoyoki View Post
change your phone language to spanish too. I've done that a while ago...
I did that but it didn't help much. Same with facebook. Because you see the same words again and again and you're already familiar with what you need to do to get things to work on your phone and on fb, so you don't really need to think much about what the words actually mean.
Old 02-20-2013 at 09:51 PM   #20
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
I did that but it didn't help much. Same with facebook. Because you see the same words again and again and you're already familiar with what you need to do to get things to work on your phone and on fb, so you don't really need to think much about what the words actually mean.
That's true, you end up memorizing the phone's contents which I always do...
Old 02-21-2013 at 06:30 AM   #21
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Hee, hee, I used to change my phone's setting to Spanish...then I got a BlueTooth voice command and wondered why it wasn't working (the BlueTooth only responds to English)...
Old 02-22-2013 at 02:56 AM   #22
ofomkcidtae
Account Locked

Liked: 47 Times

Oh how about chat roulette. Just get a microphone, and talk to random people in spanish. Someone will eventually reply.

You might see lots of weird images. Rule of thumb just to be safe: if it looks like a *****, its probably a *****.