MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer classes? Lin~ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-02-2012 09:19 AM
Summer Classes + OSAP Ziggi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 04-07-2011 10:21 PM
Last Day to Pay for Summer 2010 classes? Shyne44 Financial Aid 3 05-23-2010 01:13 PM
Summer classes khaotic First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 03-24-2009 06:52 AM
Summer Classes James Academics 3 03-23-2009 12:18 PM

Summer Classes

Old 04-14-2013 at 11:43 AM   #1
BWatson11

Liked: 0 Times

Summer Classes
I am trying to find out a few answers regarding the summer courses offered for a school project. Basically my group is building a website that will connect tutors with students. We need a couple of classes to beta test on over the summer semester.

The ideal class would be:
-Large in size
-1st/2nd year
-Maths/Stats/Comp Sci
-Frequent Graded Assignments

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...please include approximate class size, course code and approximate number of assignments during the semester.

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2013 at 12:03 PM   #2
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Isn't there already a group which does this...?
Maybe not for math courses, though.
Consider math 1zz3, if it's offered (I think it is...)
Note: there aren't too many math courses offered over the summer.
Old 04-14-2013 at 06:55 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

go to the master timetable and search for all the courses offered in the summer based on those departments...if you're unsure about the size, look at the room it's located in.
Old 04-15-2013 at 01:52 PM   #4
BWatson11

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
go to the master timetable and search for all the courses offered in the summer based on those departments...if you're unsure about the size, look at the room it's located in.
That's a great idea, thanks!

Any suggestion for determining the number of assignments/tests in a class? I will try googling the course codes + course schedule
Old 04-15-2013 at 02:49 PM   #5
miss.wood

Liked: 1 Time

Soc Sci 2J03 is an introduction to Stats course which is offered second term.
Old 04-15-2013 at 03:37 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWatson11 View Post
That's a great idea, thanks!

Any suggestion for determining the number of assignments/tests in a class? I will try googling the course codes + course schedule
Some courses have reviews here on MacInsiders, but googling is your best bet. Course web-pages typically have all the info you need, and year courses are very close to summer courses.
Old 04-15-2013 at 09:56 PM   #7
murphyh

Liked: 6 Times

As far as I'm concerned, most summer school courses would only have a few assignments due to the really quick nature of the courses.