MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Summer School mcmastergcdb First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 04-30-2010 09:55 AM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM
Summer school :( tammy37 Academics 3 12-24-2008 11:49 PM
Summer School laffand Academics 13 07-17-2007 11:09 PM

Summer School for First Years?

Old 02-03-2011 at 08:04 PM   #1
commie21

Liked: 0 Times

Summer School for First Years?
Hello - I recently accepted my offer to McMaster Commerce. I'm transferring from another university, so McMaster already has all of my final grades, and I'm not enrolled in any other classes at my old school. So I was wondering if I would be able to take any courses during the summer? Because I would really like to get back to school as soon as possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and see you all in the fall!

Thanks
Old 02-03-2011 at 08:13 PM   #2
ayiri

Liked: 7 Times

If you're transferring into the first year of the Commerce program, then I don't believe you can take summer school prior to starting in September. Just use the time to relax as you prep for a new school year!
Old 02-04-2011 at 08:05 AM   #3
commie21

ohh I have this whole semester off, so I was kind of hoping I could take something (even an elective) during that time :(
Old 02-04-2011 at 09:41 AM   #4
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

its probably too late to start something now, even an elective, especially since alot of the midterms are going on right now. as for the summer school, since your tranferring from another uni then maybe u might be able to take an elective but you should check with the registrar or who ever does the course stuff sry not much help there
Old 02-04-2011 at 09:54 AM   #5
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Yes, I would definitely check with the registrar! Whatever we MI say may not be entirely correct, you should definitely go and check with them.
Old 02-04-2011 at 12:30 PM   #6
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

It definitely is possible to start earlier than anticipated, I know I transfered to Mac after taking a year off and was maulling over the idea of taking summer school then start in September. I was given the contact information for someone (I can't remember which dept of the school) but they told me all they really needed to do was get me enrolled and have me pay fees... I eventually decided not to do it, but definitely call and ask
Old 02-07-2011 at 02:39 PM   #7
commie21

I called them and spoke to someone in admissions today, and apparently everyone (including high school students) are allowed to take summer courses hope that helps anyone else who might be looking for this info