MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Support Dean Bates sniderj General Discussion 21 04-20-2010 09:34 AM
The Beacon- Student Support Group (CSD) TheBeaconCSD MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-25-2009 01:10 PM
The Student Community Support Network (SCSN) is now hiring! laurastevens MacInsiders Announcements 1 08-26-2009 02:26 PM
The Real History of Halloween lorend Misc 2 11-05-2008 09:49 PM
If Facebook was real life... samantha__ General Discussion 19 07-27-2008 09:23 AM

Support a Mac Student in the Aeropostale Real Teen Contest

Hey Mac!

The Aeropostale Real Teen Contest is on right now and a McMaster student, Nashwa Khan is a contestant!

The Aeropostale Real Teen Contest is searching for everyday guys and girls between the ages of 13-19 years old that aspire to do the right thing in life; utilizing qualities of compassion, integrity and teamwork.

To vote for Nashwa go to:
http://www.realteens2010.com /conte...ow/5018/#tab_2

You can vote once a day, but on a daily basis (if that makes sense)

Please vote!
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 03-24-2010 at 04:56 PM   #2
adrian
Elite Member
Program: Software Engineering
Year: McMaster Employee
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 143 Times
I voted for this one:
http://www.realteens2010.com /conte...ow/7381/#tab_3
She seems to actually need it You should be okay with that since you are a "real teen". Also, I've got dynamic IP so I will be constantly re-voting for "Elizabeth" hope thats okay mmmmkay?
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 03-24-2010 at 08:17 PM   #3
Nosh
Program: Kinesiology
Year: First

Liked: 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
I voted for this one:
http://www.realteens2010.com /conte...ow/7381/#tab_3
She seems to actually need it You should be okay with that since you are a "real teen". Also, I've got dynamic IP so I will be constantly re-voting for "Elizabeth" hope thats okay mmmmkay?

AHAHAHAHHA AHAHAHAHHAH I actually cant stop laughing ,

how did you even stumble upon that ? legitimatly ?

but I would still appreciate your vote , i get why you rather support her though

Last edited by Nosh : 03-24-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-24-2010 at 09:18 PM   #4
andrew22
Account Locked
Year: First

Liked: 238 Times
I can just imagine some shiteating ****ing **** marketers sitting around in some office planning this contest out.

hopefully the personal armies are interested

Last edited by andrew22 : 03-24-2010 at 09:25 PM.

huzaifa47 says thanks to andrew22 for this post.

Entropy, huzaifa47 like this.

Old 03-25-2010 at 02:00 AM   #5
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness
Program: o.o;;
Year: Other

Liked: 333 Times
Yea so ugh...since im really lazy to figure this out my self..whats this contest even for?!
Old 03-25-2010 at 02:55 AM   #6
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane
Program: Nanomaterials/Society
Year: Alumni

Liked: 974 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contest Rules
Aéropostale is celebrating you, the everyday teen doing good every day. Whether that means helping others, caring for the environment or just being a good person; Aéropostale appreciates every teenager for what they do no matter how big or how small.
Aéropostale's Real Teen 2010 contest is searching for everyday guys and girls between the ages of 13-19 years old that aspire to do the right thing in life; utilizing qualities of compassion, integrity and teamwork.
Call me cynical, but it seems like to be a "real teen" these days, you're most likely smoking, littering, and getting drunk at least every other weekend.

I'm not saying everyone does, but it just seems like they're trying to push the facade that all teens are fantastic people.

I can see the good in Aeropostale's contest, but something about it just irks me a little. I don't think I'd have as much as a problem if they just acknowledged that not all teens are perfect. Reading through some of the contestants' entries, I'm fairly certain that the answers to the questions are all pulled from a drop-down selection menu. How are you supposed to gauge someone's integrity when you don't even let them express themselves? I suppose that's what the "I'm Real Because..." box is for, but then why even bother with the first five questions?

I don't even want to get started on the kinds of BS I'm reading. Again, I'm sure that some of these teens are genuine and exactly what they say they are with respect to community involvement and stuff, but every entry seems be the same as the last one.

Last thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contest Rules
Grand Prize
8 Real Teens (4 male, 4 female) will each receive a $5,000 personal college scholarship and have the chance to represent Aero in our Fall advertising campaign. Winners will be contacted by Aéropostale during the week of April 26, 2010.
It saddens me that this probably means if you're not attractive, you probably won't win.

tl;dr version: Entropy is a grumpy old man who hates everything and needs to sleep. Rereading my post too, I realize that my arguments are all disconnected and don't contribute anything, but I'm too tired and grumpy not to post this after spending like, ten minutes writing =\.

...That being said, you got my vote 'cause you're from Mac, and if I can remember, I'll vote for you daily.

Also, does anyone else think the white streak in Hannah's (#543) hair is awesome? She's like Rogue, but real. Sort of.

Last edited by Entropy : 03-25-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Old 03-25-2010 at 10:25 AM   #7
Hallandale
Program: Engineering & Management
Year: Fourth

Liked: 16 Times
Aah, there's a scholarship on the line... no wonder Nashwa gives a crap!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search