MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switching Programs AmandaK First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 10-27-2012 09:53 AM
Switching Programs xxorianna Academics 9 10-25-2012 08:06 PM
Switching Programs seif12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 10-20-2012 08:33 PM
Switching programs stja1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 11-12-2011 01:08 PM
Switching programs, HELP bluu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-15-2011 11:38 AM

Switching Programs

Old 08-13-2014 at 11:13 PM   #1
Jazzyk

Liked: 0 Times

Switching Programs
I'm Currently in Theatre and Film, I have not started the second year yet. School starts in Sep but I was wondering if I could switch around to another program in a diff faculty before the second year begins for me because I really have no interest in being in Theatre and Film. I have taken courses in the faculty I wish to switch into and I believe I've also taken all the first year requirements. If anyone can offer any advice it would be realty appreciated.
Old 08-13-2014 at 11:34 PM   #2
cudizOne

Liked: 2 Times

If you fulfill the requirements and there's room in the program then it's not crazy that they'd let you in. Just email the faculty you want to switch into and ask them. Or, if you can go in person and talk to them, they're way more efficient that way. Good Luck!!
Old 08-14-2014 at 10:31 AM   #3
LauraV
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 11 Times

Go talk to an academic advisor and see if it is possible! usually you have to request to switch program in advance so worst case scenario you could "shadow" the program you want to be in (by taking some of their required courses) and switch into it for third year.