MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Makeup Final Exams ESC91 Academics 3 04-19-2013 10:45 PM
Early write for final exams Adino Academics 4 11-07-2011 05:20 PM
FInal exams AM17 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 11-05-2011 10:31 AM
Illness- final exams demelo_b Academics 12 12-06-2010 09:57 AM
When are Final Exams Roughly? RoyK Academics 2 10-16-2008 01:52 PM

Take Home Final Exams

Old 12-22-2013 at 11:53 PM   #1
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times

Take Home Final Exams
Good evening everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!

Can anyone suggest anyone courses that have take home exams?

What was the course? When did you take it? What was the take home exam?

Thank you!
Old 12-23-2013 at 11:40 AM   #2
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

The most recent course I've taken that has a take home exam is Linguistics 3P03: Pragmatics. I actually just finished this course (Fall 2013). This exam consist of four long answer questions each worth 25 points. We were allowed to use our notes and get help from fellow classmates to answer them but you have to submit your own work and it is cumulative.

Although this course is not offered every year but every other year (I think) and you need the first year linguistics as prerequisites

mc_kumar says thanks to akikokoyoki for this post.
Old 12-23-2013 at 06:51 PM   #3
Fennec

Liked: 0 Times

I took Indigenous Peoples' Spirituality (INDIG ST 2A03) 1st semester. It's a very easy and interesting course and the final exams was a take home exam of four essay questions. You are limited to maximum 600 words per essay not too long and not too short. You also need to cite and we were allowed to cite our lectures and movies we watched, required readings also count only if you used them.

I honestly didn't buy the courseware or all the required books, just bought two out of 4 books and didn't even finish reading all of them. Overall, I would like to say I didn't need them very much because everything was mostly covered in the lectures and Dr. Dawn-Hill covered mainly everything you need to mention in your essays. She's very helpful and really wants you to do well in the course.

For prerequisites you'll need either Indig st 1A03 or 1AA3 which I heard both are fairly easy as well. I took 1AA3 and in my point of view I think it was pretty easy but that can differ according to your interest in the subject. I also didn't buy the courseware for this course and pulled a really decent mark.

Hope that helps and Good luck!