MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking Fourth Year Courses in Third Year beebee2 Academics 1 05-05-2014 06:02 PM
Taking Chem 2OB3 during the school year after taking 2OA3 during the summer... oranges Academics 4 08-17-2011 07:47 PM
Upper Year student taking First Year course julianface Academics 2 06-15-2011 12:53 AM
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
First year taking 2nd year courses Z3phyr First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 01-05-2010 12:51 PM

Taking a Year off

Old 07-29-2014 at 11:50 AM   #1
rumbleen

Liked: 0 Times

Taking a Year off
I'm going into second year Commerce at Mac and decided that I want to take a year off of my studies to work full-time to pay for my schooling. I'm wondering if there is a formal process for taking a gap year at Mac. I am going to drop all of my courses on Solar once it opens again in early Aug. I'm worried that taking a year off will cause problems when i try to reapply to my program again for Sept. 2015. Does anyone know if there's a form to fill out for taking a gap year or anything else i need to do? :S
Old 07-29-2014 at 02:05 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Your best bet is to contact an academic advisor for Commerce, because the process can be different from one faculty to another.
Old 07-30-2014 at 01:37 PM   #3
Gladiator777

Liked: 0 Times

All you have to do is to drop all your courses on Solar and take them again whenever you decide to come back. You won't be applying to your program again because you did not leave your program. You will still be registered in your program just won't be enrolled in any courses. So just drop your courses and enjoy your year off. Next summer, you can enroll in the courses again. Just talk to your academic adviser. I am sure they will tell you to do the same thing. That's what they told me when I went to ask the same question.