MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PRESTO Balance Checker at Mac TharuSiva Automotive & Transportation 12 04-21-2013 11:45 PM
Questions on Presto mohammyt Automotive & Transportation 16 02-11-2013 10:51 PM
Found: PRESTO CARD ZSimon General Discussion 3 12-03-2012 10:05 PM
PRESTO Card Abhimint General Discussion 41 07-28-2012 03:56 PM
how to register PRESTO for the GO? jon.john23 General Discussion 7 11-30-2011 03:29 PM

Tapping off - Presto

Old 02-03-2014 at 07:41 PM   #1
alyssarr

Liked: 51 Times

Tapping off - Presto
So this morning, when I got to mac, something happened with the presto machine on the GO bus so no one could tap off. Will my card work when I tap on the bus later tonight to go home?
Old 02-03-2014 at 07:56 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Yes, it should. There was a problem with the machine on the GO bus and not your card, so you should be fine. Safe travels.

alyssarr says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.

alyssarr likes this.
Old 02-04-2014 at 11:36 AM   #3
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Hah, this reminds me of the time I wanted to load money on my card while boarding and the machine got stuck. The driver tried to reboot the system etc but gave up in the end.

Me and everyone who came after got a free ride to Square one
Old 02-05-2014 at 09:35 AM   #4
santiagoeb

Liked: 4 Times

If I'm not mistaken, what happens is it charges you for the whole route. So, while you would usually pay for SQ1 - Mac worth of credit, you will probably get charged for SQ1 - Hamilton GO, which should not be much more. So yes, you can use your card again, it just taps itself off at the last stop of the route.
Old 02-05-2014 at 10:16 AM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoeb View Post
If I'm not mistaken, what happens is it charges you for the whole route. So, while you would usually pay for SQ1 - Mac worth of credit, you will probably get charged for SQ1 - Hamilton GO, which should not be much more. So yes, you can use your card again, it just taps itself off at the last stop of the route.
Aren't Mac and Hamilton GO in the same fare zone? I don't think there's a difference in price between the two.
Old 02-05-2014 at 10:30 AM   #6
santiagoeb

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Aren't Mac and Hamilton GO in the same fare zone? I don't think there's a difference in price between the two.
Darn it, You're right. I had not even noticed that, had to use the fare calculator to verify. That being said, i have had occasions when I don't tap off and are able to use my card again. So regardless, the answer to OP's question is yes

alyssarr likes this.