Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slow teksavvy eric_3490 General Discussion 10 01-14-2011 09:58 AM
Alternative Welcome Week lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-13-2010 08:55 AM
TekSavvy Cable! blackdragon Computers & Tech 26 06-25-2010 03:26 PM
TekSavvy elvindsouza Computers & Tech 36 02-24-2010 07:24 AM
Alternative Video Solution Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-21-2006 09:49 PM

Teksavvy alternative?

Members have rated post #350482 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 12-16-2012 at 12:11 PM   #16
AKSAKS

Liked: 9 Times

Teksavvy did in fact go to bat for its customers.
The scenario was that Teksavvy was to hand over all the IP Addresses to the courts when originally ordered. Teksavvy went to bat by asking the courts for a delay, so that it could warn those affected customers that their IP’s had been asked for. This pre-warning allows those customers to appear in court tomorrow and make a case as to why their information should not be handed over to Voltage (the troll).
Old 12-16-2012 at 12:16 PM   #17
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSAKS View Post
Teksavvy did in fact go to bat for its customers.
The scenario was that Teksavvy was to hand over all the IP Addresses to the courts when originally ordered. Teksavvy went to bat by asking the courts for a delay, so that it could warn those affected customers that their IP’s had been asked for. This pre-warning allows those customers to appear in court tomorrow and make a case as to why their information should not be handed over to Voltage (the troll).
Thanks for the info AKSAKS. Although, I would still be hesitant to join TekSavvy during this time. This was also on the news a few days ago, and they said that TekSavvy might lose customers because of this.
Old 12-16-2012 at 12:29 PM   #18
AKSAKS

Liked: 9 Times

Allan, if you find any other ISP... be it Rogers or Bell or any other third party, who states they will hire lawyers and fight a court ordered request for IP's, please let me know.

Last edited by AKSAKS : 12-16-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-16-2012 at 12:41 PM   #19
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I'll stick with TekSavvy. As a customer of there's, (a well informed one at that), I am satisfied with their service, and with how they treat customers.

Too much time? Or am I efficient with getting to know a story. I spent 30 minutes researching this before because it was relevant to me, as a TekSavvy customer.
Old 12-16-2012 at 12:48 PM   #20
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
I'll stick with TekSavvy. As a customer of there's, (a well informed one at that), I am satisfied with their service, and with how they treat customers.

Too much time? Or am I efficient with getting to know a story. I spent 30 minutes researching this before because it was relevant to me, as a TekSavvy customer.
Mike,

Sometimes it's better to be the bigger person and to let go of a lost cause..since this is clearly one of them. Let it be. I let go, so should you.
Old 12-16-2012 at 01:55 PM   #21
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

The only thing ISP's will do to your services based on pirating is throttle you or reduce your bandwidth if you use too much. I know Cogeco does that for mainstream stuff on public torrents and threaten to cut your service
Old 12-16-2012 at 07:57 PM   #22
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Wow. Just ... wow.

If you're that scared of getting caught downloading things illegally, fucking use a legal channel.

Inb4 "it's not about being scared", there are ways to get around torrents. If a person isn't sensible enough to use those and be pissed at an ISP for following the law, they might as well get caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
The only thing ISP's will do to your services based on pirating is throttle you or reduce your bandwidth if you use too much. I know Cogeco does that for mainstream stuff on public torrents and threaten to cut your service
Umm, no. ISP doesn't care if you're pirating or not (until they are contacted). Bad ISPs throttle because you just use more internet than their estimated max. Teksavvy doesn't throttle, afaik, it's the same with Cogeco and Bell.

Also, check this: http://torrentfreak.com/isp-walks-ou...-police-121217

Last edited by Afzal : 12-17-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-18-2012 at 04:20 PM   #23
AnimeGamer31

Liked: 27 Times

CIK is the way to go. It's $39.99 per month for about 5mbps unlimited usage.